cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of Aliner questions

eddd
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 2003 Aliner Expedition that appears to have been sitting unused since it was new. It came with some maps, AAA planners, and even canned goods and wine all from 2003!

The cassette toilet has never been used, and the shower appears to be in the same unused condition. The Fan-tastic vent cover had deteriorated as did the battery vent cover and the plumbing vent cover. Here is a picture of what is left:

I have no idea of what those covers looked like. I'll could make a cover but I'd like to have an idea of what the original looked like. Any help?

My second question is about the shower/toilet area. The horizontal cover lifts and is secured vertically, but I have no idea what should be on the side toward the center of the unit. There was plastic curtain that was packed away, and there is a curtain rail on the roof section, but the rectangular curtain I have doesn't seem to go with the ceiling rail.

Is there supposed to be something enclosing the side of the shower/toilet area?

Thanks.
2002 KZ Sportsman Toyhauler
6 REPLIES 6

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
If you're on FB, there's a group called FB A Frame Group.

We're a friendly, helpful group, and there is a man who works on Aliners for a living, John Pfeil, who could definitely steer you in the right direction.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
Looks to me that it is the battery vent cover. Should be a standard RV part.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
isn't A liner still in business?
bumpy

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
There's a yahoo group called alinerchaleta-frames that has a lot of Aliner owners. Or you might try the Aliner Owners' Club (AOC). I had a 2010, purchased used and kept for 1 year; but mine didn't have anything like what you pictured, so I can't help.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

eddd
Explorer
Explorer
2lazy4U wrote:
You might try Googling the year and type of Aliner. Sometimes you can get some good pictures that way and try to see what it looked like.

I've tried that, but the majority of the pictures are of the opposite (the door) side or the resolution isn't good enough. I'll keep looking.
2002 KZ Sportsman Toyhauler

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
You might try Googling the year and type of Aliner. Sometimes you can get some good pictures that way and try to see what it looked like.