cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A little help with ABS fittings

Monolithic
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a travel trailer to live in when I'm working since my work is fairly transient. It was -35C the night I hooked up to it after I bought it and on the way out I clipped a piece of wood and it broke all three of my drainage pipes off. Two of them I'm certain I can fix at the tank, but I do have to replace my black water tank. The campground I'm at luckily has a nice showerhouse so I'm not in a huge hurry to get this done, although trucking my dishes over there is becoming a pain.

I also only have Sundays off and there are not RV parts places open on Sundays in my city so I'm reserved to purchasing online.

I'm having some trouble figuring out a couple parts. I've been using this online catalog. http://www.rvretailcatalog.com/ But there's a few things I can't seem to find or I'm not sure I'm choosing the correct part.

1. Are the smaller DWV valves that the 1 1/2" pipe goes into 1 1/2" or 2"? Seems like a stupid question, but the only wye collector I could find was a 3" bayonet end x 3" stationary flange x 2" slip hub leading me to believe that the small waste valve must be a 2" and on the 1 1/2" pipe side of the waste valve that it is an 1 1/2" female slip hub with 2" flange attachment? I am super new to all of this so please bare with me.

2. My next question is on 3" 90 degree hub fitting. How is it connected? Does it have a male on both sides coupling that slides into the elbow hubs? It looks like there is four of these used from where the 3" DWV valve starts to up to the top 90 degree elbow.

3. I also couldn't find a Bend collector like the one you see in the last picture. I believe I need a 3" slip hub x 3" slip hub x 2" slip hub. But the only ones I can find are 3" slip hub x 3" rotating flange x 2" slip hub.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

***Link Removed***

10 REPLIES 10

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Why don't you go to the OEM and ask them for the pipes? We have a Arctic Fox built in 20004 and just bought a front deflector from Northwood. They were reasonably priced and even followed up to see if it fit.

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
You can substitute PVC for ABS likely easier to come by locally
One possible source RV Plumbing Connections

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
I'd get the black tank changed 1st, then take the existing plumbing and set it up an place and then figure out what fittings I'd need to plumb it back up with the least amount of $ and reinventing it.

Monolithic
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Your best tactic for that is going to be listing what you need, measuring a few hubs and pipes, going to a big box store, and coming back with more than you'll need. You can always return what you don't use.

Since there are no pictures, but from your description #2, you have double male 3" street elbows in question. You also can buy straight 90 with one hub or straight 90 with two hubs.

Pictures should be working now. Please let me know if they're not. Thanks for the input. I'm heading to Home Depot tonight to get all the ABS fittings that I do know. It will be a start anyway.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Pics are working for me.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Your best tactic for that is going to be listing what you need, measuring a few hubs and pipes, going to a big box store, and coming back with more than you'll need. You can always return what you don't use.

Since there are no pictures, but from your description #2, you have double male 3" street elbows in question. You also can buy straight 90 with one hub or straight 90 with two hubs.

Edit: your pictures are posted. It looks like the hardest bit about the repair will be the tank entrance. Don't know what you ordered for a tank, you can get one with spun weld fittings of all manner for the exit. Regardless, that is a fairly easy plumbing job.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Monolithic
Explorer
Explorer
#1nobby wrote:
Posting picture is not obvious......here's the link...open a new window and then copy and paste...

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I uploaded each photo using the link you provided and then copied each link into my main thread. I even tried just using the "Link" button and it said the link was removed.

Edit: Found the issue. " Show images that are part of posts" was unchecked under preferences.

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Posting picture is not obvious......here's the link...open a new window and then copy and paste...

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

Monolithic
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Your pictures did not work.

It keeps coming up as

http://* image not shown due to your preference setting *

I tried just pasting the direct links for imgur. And I look in the preferences on my account here and didn't see any options for posting images. Is it because my account is new possibly?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Your pictures did not work.