cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A.R.E. topper project

CobbCamp
Explorer
Explorer
Seems I am finding myself stuck between Tent Camping and a Truck Camper.

We recently sold our travel trailer due mostly to upcoming storage issues.

We still have the TV and are thinking of equipping it with an A.R.E. MX Series Walk-In truck topper, http://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/files/2011/09/2011-Ford-F150-MX-Series.jpg. It will be mostly for weatherproof sleeping quarters and storage while we will use a screen room for outdoor dining/leisure. We have a 2001 F-250 SuperCab Long Bed.

Does anyone else have a similar project with pictures/ideas that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks!
'01 Ford F-250 SuperCab LB V-10
Yamaha EF2800i
...To be born in Freedom is an accident; to live in Freedom is a constant struggle; but to die in Freedom is a sacred obligation.
3 REPLIES 3

GHCreekside
Explorer
Explorer
I have an ARE MX with the door on my truck and really like it so far. The little bit of extra height above the cab really helps. The fold down front window is really nice too. I have never slept in it though. I also have a Bedslide which is great for loading the whole bed.
2006 Dodge 3500 QCLB SRW 4x4 5.9 Cummins
2002 Bigfoot 1500FS

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
The A.R.E. with the walk thru rear door is a very nice topper and we'd have one so quick to replace the fiberglass insulated high topper over the tailgate model we have if they would offer it with about 8"-10" higher roof so us old farts don't have to nearly double up in the middle to go in or out. The dealer and I talked on the phone to A.R.E. and they won't make one. However, several manufacturers will make one like we want using welded square aluminum tubing amd covering it with aluminum siding and we could glue 1" foam inside and finish the inside with white paneling or Azdel and paint the Azdel any color we want.

The problem with the aluminum build up topper is that they look cheap and not sleek like the fibergalss ones.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Explorer
Explorer
CobbCamp wrote:
Seems I am finding myself stuck between Tent Camping and a Truck Camper.

We recently sold our travel trailer due mostly to upcoming storage issues.

We still have the TV and are thinking of equipping it with an A.R.E. MX Series Walk-In truck topper, (http://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/files/2011/09/2011-Ford-F150-MX-Series.jpg). It will be mostly for weatherproof sleeping quarters and storage while we will use a screen room for outdoor dining/leisure. We have a 2001 F-250 SuperCab Long Bed.

Does anyone else have a similar project with pictures/ideas that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks!

Here
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.