cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC in bathroom wayyyy too cold.

Mkos1980
Explorer
Explorer
On the last 2 or 3 trips with our new trailer we find that the bathroom "per meat thermo" is 10* colder in the bathroom then the rest of the trailer. Its like a meat locker. We would like to shut it off in there. I see they sell vents that close up. If we go that route and close that up, should we open the "main" vent a little on the inside AC shroud itself to compensate for the 1 closed vent.
2016 Palomino Puma 30RKSS
1990 Chaparral 2150SX 350 MAG
2006 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0
1989 Pontiac Formula 350 "LSX" 6.0 LS2
2008 Harley Dyna Low Rider
7 REPLIES 7

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
I just cut a thin plastic sheet from an old container like an ice cream bucket. Made it into the shape of the vent but a little wider with a tab to be able to hold on to, then cut out a 1/2" line towards the center, slide the sheet between the vent and holder and it blocks 98% of the air going through.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
I just open the cold air discharge vents at the AC unit in the living area which in turn restricts air from passing through the duct work.
Times fun when you're having flies!

shar3890
Explorer
Explorer
Just close down the bathroom vent a little. You will still want some air coming out or it will get too hot. This will increase the air flow to the other vents in the trailer and should balance the temperature in the whole trailer. No need to open the vents on the air conditioner itself.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe, if your airflow gets too low the AC can freeze up.

Why not just open the bathroom door ? At the right time of course.

Acdii
Explorer
Explorer
My Coleman has the same problem, the rear of the trailer is much cooler than the front. I wound up closing the in bathroom vent, and have the front one as wide open as possible. The vents are screw in type.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I switched over to Spaceport vents. Now I can adjust them as needed.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know anything about your unit but they do spec minimum square inches of vent area. Read the installation manual and be sure that you don't cut air flow too much.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900