cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adapt TT Propane Port to eliminate Grill disposable bottles

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Finally found a connection hose that will go from the built-in propane port on the trailer to a grill that uses portable propane bottles. The Kodiak 242RESL came with a bumper mount grill that I don't care for. I was looking to change to either a Coleman Roadtrip, Weber Q or Charbroil X-200.

All of these use the 1 pound disposable propane bottles. I've seen Youtubes on how to remove the regulator and convert them to a direct connect, but I don't want to do that. I want to leave the ability to use portable bottles. I am aware that the built-in trailer system has it's own regulator and that if I simple connect to the grills regulator, the effect will be that the gas is double regulated. It won't matter! The primary complaint on most of these little grills is they get too hot. Double regulating will only reduce that problem. I've seen many threads where users say 'it just doesn't matter' and the two regulator issue is a non-issue.

The solution is sold by Calore Equipment's Magento line as RV Quick Connect Hose with 1"-20 Disposable Bottle Male Connection. Click the name, it's a link to the product at the Calore site.
Link to RV Quick Connect with Disposable Bottle Male connector

For $27 it's the solution I was looking for. The hose standard length is 4 feet. You can order it longer by adding ($3-6'; $8-10'; $12-12').

Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States
17 REPLIES 17

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Use the hose but set it up to run off a different UNREGULATED 20lb bottle. This will allow you to get sufficient gas pressure to grill. Also you won't have to be dismounting the TT's bottles all the time to refill if you do a lot of grilling. If you do hook to the regulated side of your TT's tanks you will have a VERY low flame and it'll take forever to grill anything.

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking for one of those to use with my Weber portable.

One question.... does the larger fitting that replaces the bottle spin around on the hose, or do you have to turn the entire hose around several times to tighten it up onto the grill?

Thanks for the link!
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
hbillsmith wrote:
I am aware that the built-in trailer system has it's own regulator and that if I simple connect to the grills regulator, the effect will be that the gas is double regulated. It won't matter.

You obviously have not tried to operate your grill with the propane being regulated twice. IT DOES MATTER! At least with the Weber grill, you will find the experience very unsatisfactory.