cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air conditioner/furnace fan won't run

RedLionCookie
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Cherokee 28A TT. Last fall when I closed it up everything was working fine. This spring I went to turn on the AC and the unit just hums. It sounds like the AC is working just no fan. In the past when I ran the furnace the fan would come on as well. I tried to get the furnace to kick on and I can't get that to run either.

Any help/advice is appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

ReferDog
Explorer
Explorer
Woops didnt see that the 12 was disconnected. Hook up 12V and the 120, need the 12 volts for the low voltage circuit to work.
ReferDog 2008 Chevy 2500 HD Dura Max
Artic Fox 30U

Equlizer Hitch

ReferDog
Explorer
Explorer
remove the shourd and see if fan is turning if not give it push, and try some spray lub of some type, most likely that all it will need. As for the furnace that would be separate deal. The furnace powers the low voltage for the stat so the fuse is ok in the furnace because the A/C works. Something wrong in furnace control board.
ReferDog 2008 Chevy 2500 HD Dura Max
Artic Fox 30U

Equlizer Hitch

RedLionCookie
Explorer
Explorer
The camper is hooked up to 120 volt and I do not have a 12 volt battery attached. Should I connect a battery and unhook the 120 volt source? What would that do?

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You can try getting on the roof, removing the AC shroud, and see if the fan spins freely. Mine was siezed but was still under warranty.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Is there a reliable source of 12 volt power?

On my previous RV after it would sit for the winter, I'd have to give the air conditioner fan a 'PUSH' to get it going. After that it would be just fine.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

SprinklerMan
Explorer
Explorer
Check your breaker box , and your electrical connection. whats perplexing is that the fan for the furnace is 12 volt , and the fan for the AC is 120 volt . The only common part is the thermostat . thats where the problem may lie