cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpenlite Cimarron 850 dimensions.

marcus816
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to figure the dimensions of an Alpenlite Cimarron 850 base.
Will it fit between the wheel housings of the major truck brands and over the sidewall?
They all seem to be roughly 50/51 inches between housings and 21/22 inches high.
Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

marcus816
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all, the info on the Chevy 2500HD was particularly helpful.

scout4trout
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Alpenlite Laramie for our short-bed 2008 Chevy 2500HD. In order for the gas line of the camper to clear the bed rail, we had to put put several 2x4's across the bed to raise the camper 1 3/4". Our camper is an 09 and it was been great -- no problems with heavy use for eight years. I will say that there is very little clearance on each side when loading so we leave it on all season. Chevy also has that darned curve on each side of the box at the rear. Ford doesn't and would probably be easier.
2017 Ford F250 XL STX SCSB 6.2 gas with camper package, Torklift Tiedowns & Fast Guns, Airbags, payload 3,436
2017 Northern Lite 8'11"Q Sportsman with preferred options

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
Marcus816,
I don't have the dimensions of the base... but here's a link to a PDF of the 2007 Alpenlite Truck Camper Brochure.
The basic dimensions and spec's are listed on the last page. Should fit just fine in most short-bed pickup trucks.

Also, you didn't mention what year Cimarron you're looking at... For a couple model years ('04 & '05 I think) these were available in an "Extended Cabover" version which gave it a north-south queen size bed and much more wardrobe space. These were super-sweet! Very spacious for a short-bed, no-slideout truck camper.

Roy... Unfortunately Alpenlite has been out of business for many years 😞

Cheers
-Mark
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can most likely contact the manufacturer and get all of those dimensions from their drawings...

If you where one is on-display would not be hard to just bring along tape measure and get the readings yourself...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS