cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any "sleeper" brand trailers?

IAJack
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering if there is a "sleeper" brand TT that is quality made and cheaper. What I mean by "sleeper" is a brand that is lesser known or unheard of that many ppl. overlook or that dealers want to get rid of.

The best example of a "sleeper" product that I can give would be the TCL brand televisions with built in Roku. These TV's are amazing quality and feature filled for the price.
30 REPLIES 30

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Go with the Lance
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ,d stick with a all fiberglass unit,less leaks , nothing kills a rv like a leak that can,t be found.

IAJack
Explorer
Explorer
Jay Coe wrote:
IAJack wrote:
I was just wondering if there was a brand that people often overlooked that maybe stands out as a bargain. An example the other way would be APPLE PRODUCTS being waaaay over priced for what they actually are. (and no this is not and ad for Android LOL)

๐Ÿ˜‰

LOL yes, that is a more better example

Jay_Coe
Explorer
Explorer
IAJack wrote:
I was just wondering if there was a brand that people often overlooked that maybe stands out as a bargain. An example the other way would be APPLE PRODUCTS being waaaay over priced for what they actually are. (and no this is not and ad for Android LOL)

๐Ÿ˜‰
Legal disclaimer: Trust me, I know everything!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been considering upping my size too, bigbird, and staying with Winnebago.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IAJack
Explorer
Explorer
I was just wondering if there was a brand that people often overlooked that maybe stands out as a bargain. An example the other way would be Harley Davidson motorcycles being waaaay over priced for what they actually are. (and no this is not and ad for foreign bikes LOL)

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I think you would have to consider one of the fiberglass clamshell brands. Escape is probably the most nicely appointed, while still being somewhat affordable. Especially if you compare it to Oliver and Bigfoot.

And I think all three of those would be considered quality constructed.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
There is not and has never been any one size fits all in RV's. There are good and bad in every maker, price range and construction type.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

IAJack
Explorer
Explorer
This is not a TV adertisement, I am in the IT Tech field and the TV is just an example that I could think of. I really have my eye on a Lance trailer but I am going to have to sell some blooed and get a second job or find a good deal on a used one to be able to afford it.

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
The Winnebago line of Minnies is certainly not sleepers but a very good quality line of trailers. Last March I upgraded from a 2101DS to a larger 2250DS. I certainly would not have upgraded after 4 years with the same brand to the new trailer if the quality had not been good. The internal frame of the trailer is aluminum with a walk on rubber roof. The only reason a trailer would be cheap is if it is built cheap. In the Winnebago line you do get what you pay for in my opinion.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
troubledwaters wrote:
ppine wrote:
Outdoors RV made in Oregon.
Starting at about $30,000.00 and Up, I don't think that qualifies as "And Cheaper".

Look up Oliver...30k is a bargain compared to them.
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
This is a television advertisement.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
RV manufacturing is not rocket science. and in saying that I would stay away from entry level rv's. they are the worst investment in rv's. wood frames and poor quality. you will spend more time working on them then enjoying them. bite the bullet and get a better quality rv with a metal frame. they don't shake apart when going down the road

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
ppine wrote:
Starting at about $30,000.00 and Up, I don't think that qualifies as "And Cheaper".

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II