cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone ever replaced the pole table legs W/ Folding legs

Cocky_Camper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our new to us TT has the pole legs on the table. We have never dealt with them before, but they seem like they were so much of a pain, that the previous owner Super Glued the legs to the fittings. We want to replace the pole legs with folding legs.

Does anyone know where I can get the replacement legs to accomplish this?

Thanks!
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper
5 REPLIES 5

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Just got finished doing my table with the same replacement. Ditched the pole and replaced with folding leg set. The folding leg sets are cheap and sold everywhere. Just make sure you mount the legs right so when folded, you have enough clearance for the bed support.

The really nice thing about the folding legs is that you can now take the table and move it anywhere, even outside, if needed.

This leg set is the one I used. It is very solid and the mechanisms works well. I bought it at Mills Fleet Farm store.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
I have done it. I got a single folding leg and a wall hinge at a local RV supply store. The leg folds up tight to the bottom of the table when used as a bed. The wall hinge allows the table to drop to the bed position while remaining attached to the wall.
The challenge is finding a secure way to mount it to the wall. Most of the walls are hollow, and a stud in the right place would be real lucky. So I suggest mounting a large piece of wood, like 3/4" plywood to the wall. With that it will be able to be attached to the wall wherever a stud is, and then the hinge to it. It can be stained etc. to match pretty good.
With a solid wall attachement, the table will be much more solid than it was before the mod.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Cocky_Camper wrote:
We are wanting to be able to use it as a bed and table.

Then regardless of what you do I'm afraid you'll be stuck with a wobbly dinette table. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Cocky_Camper
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are wanting to be able to use it as a bed and table. It is not to bad wobbly now, because the legs have been summer glued or soldered or something to the flanges. This would be fine, if we didn't intend to use it for sleeping also.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect you wouldn't be happy either with folding legs as the table will be just as likely to wobble or unexpectedly tilt if someone leans on it. :E Your Zeppelin has a side mounted table, just as did our previous KZ Spree, so if you don't need to use the table at night as a bed I'd suggest you do the same mod as I did by ditching one of the pedestal legs (which creates more legroom) and securing the table edge to the trailer wall, eliminating all movement.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380