cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

anyone taken their Arctic Fox for repairs at Northwood mfg

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
We need to have some repairs done to our Arctic Fox and was wondering if anyone has dealt with the manufacturer for repairs directly? Just wondering how well it went for you.
2018 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport
7 REPLIES 7

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Fuzzy Bear for your input. Also good to hear positive reviews on a company. Hope the weather wont be to bad during our time there and our travels there and home.

Fuzzy Bear wrote:
I had taken my previous 2001 990 wood framed camper there for delamination. At first they thought it would only be the back wall and take a couple of days. As they got into it they found it went into the side walls. They ended up replacing all the outside walls except the slide. I even had them eliminate the front window that I'm sure was a contributor to the problem. All done on my dime. Not cheap, but I felt it still had some value so I went ahead and had it fixed. Sold it a few years later and the new owner was greatful it had been done. I had a positive experience working with Dave.

Doug
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Fuzzy_Bear
Explorer
Explorer
I had taken my previous 2001 990 wood framed camper there for delamination. At first they thought it would only be the back wall and take a couple of days. As they got into it they found it went into the side walls. They ended up replacing all the outside walls except the slide. I even had them eliminate the front window that I'm sure was a contributor to the problem. All done on my dime. Not cheap, but I felt it still had some value so I went ahead and had it fixed. Sold it a few years later and the new owner was greatful it had been done. I had a positive experience working with Dave.

Doug
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4 6spd auto.

2007 Lance 1191

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
That is encouraging to hear you had good results with Northwood CumminsDriver. We have have an appointment the end of November, they are that far booked out. I'm dealing with a Dave Mann and he seems very nice. Our camper has delamination under the cabover and the right side on the cab nose has a hard bubble section. Worse case he said it could take up to two weeks for repairs but hoping not since we are driving up from Texas and will stay in a hotel.
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Rich1961
Explorer
Explorer
When I owned my 2004 Arctic Fox 990, it developed the known delamination in the cabover section. I made an appointment for the out of warranty repair and took it to Northwoods in LaGrande. I dropped it off early Monday morning, and picked it up on Tuesday afternoon. They completely replaced the siding that had delaminated in the cabover section, also had them eliminate the front cabover window. It was great to work with them on this and they did quality work. Only had to spend one night in a motel, and did the tour of the factory right before picking up the camper.

Rich
2016 Chevrolet/Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab B&W RVK 3700 5th Wheel Hitch
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5T

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
I needed some major non-warranty repairs several years ago and Northwoods said they would only do them in the slow season when they could get to it. They were very nice about it but made it very clear that non-warranty repairs were very low on their list. We were fulltiming at the time and ended up in Boise where Nelson's did the repairs and did a great job. They even loaned us an older trailer at no charge to use in a local cg while they did the work.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
This is a non warranty repair. I was just wondering about individual experiences with them if they had repairs.
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I know they do repairs under warranty at the factory, but I'm not really sure about non-warranty work.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator