Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use rv share?

nfoe84
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone!

We are going to be purchasing a TT in the near future. The last few years we have just been renting off rvhshare and it's been great.

We have a lake a few miles from our house and would like to go a little more often. That being said my work schedule doesn't allow me as much free time as i'd like.

We are planning on purchasing a trailer and putting it on rvshare to generate some income. I cannot justify buying a new tt and using it 5 times a year so i figure we'll give this a shot.

My question is does anyone else rent their tt? If so how has your experience been? The guy we rent from has had one bad encounter in 3 years. He ended up ahead at the end of the day.

My next question is the plan is to replace the camper every 3 years or so. Is it worth the money to get a more quality/more expensive camper? Pretty big price range on some bunkhouse tt.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
2019 Chevy 1500 RST 4x4

TT is yet to be decided
22 REPLIES 22

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If you're not the type that is real picky about your things (not an insult) then by all means, go for it.
I could never do it. I take pride in our RV's looking like new up to the day we sell them. You can't expect anyone else to care for your stuff and they'll beat the krap out of it.
If you move forward, don't forget to update your ins.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought a MH for DW & myself to use, as rbpru said, not as a business, the guy you rented from coming out ahead, is a rarity.
I wouldn't rent mine out to a family member, let alone a stranger.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, I know what others have rented out that didn't go well.

Let me ask do you have the skills to repair any damage yourself or take it to a repair service? If something is damaged you might be waiting for repairs unable to rent it or use it while being repaired. A dealer has a repair staff to maintain and repair rentals.

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer
Never, ever would I rent my RV out again. There was a lot of damage which wasn't all caught at the end.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I rented a TT to see if we wanted to buy one. Once we bought one, I never thought of renting it.

To me it is a hobby not a business.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn’t ever rent my TT. It’s my second home. Interesting you are figuring to buy a new TT every three years based on the rental profits. IMO you’ll lose your shirt.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
when I was young about 25yrs old I bought a winnie just for this idea use it rent it. short story guy drove it to georgia blew the motor what a mess. never ever rent your toys. had all the protect me things in place yes they paid for the repairs but it was never right again. so my answer is if you can,t afford it don,t buy it.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome to the forum.