cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox 811 Rear Camera (mounted high)

spcled051
Explorer
Explorer
Wanted to post some info I just found out and couldn't locate. The Arctic Fox 811 (2014 at least) has a set of wires (hot/ground) running to the center running light at the top near the spoiler above the rear door for use as stated by a tech at NW for rear cameras. Wanted the option to put a camera high to see my boat/trailer to my Edge Programmer since it "disappears" behind the TC.

Darin

2011 Ford F350 Crew Cab, King Ranch, 6.7L Diesel, SWB, Edge Evolution CTS, Rancho XL9000s, Hawk Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors and Torklift StableLoads

2014 NW Arctic Fox 811, Torklift tie-downs and Fast Guns

2014 Ranger Reata 212LS Fish/Ski, Evinrude e-Tec 250 HO
8 REPLIES 8

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
spcled051 wrote:
light vice

what on earth is a light vice?

I've never heard that term before
Bob

spcled051
Explorer
Explorer
I ran the video test from the Edge Evolution CTS. Works fine. I'm probably going to power through the lights (switched) to run w/lights on when I tow anyway for safety (Super_Dave). Video cable routing is probably going to go exterior to back of cab where I have video coming out near my TC/Truck connection. I didn't get it done last night. As for location it will be under the light vice on top to avoid the awning (eagle777).

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
I'm curious how it is switched.

I have a wireless camera on the back of my camper. It is wired into the license plate light fixture. I always drive with my lights on, so there is always power to the camera when driving.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
If there's only a hot and ground wire, then there isn't a provision from the factory to switch the camera

I have a rear view camera, it's not switched - I can engage it any time.
It's running through my Edge Insight CTS on the dash. (this is on my daily driver truck, not the camper hauler).
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

sky_free
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Super_Dave wrote:

...As well as how AF expects an owner to run the video cable from there to the front of the camper. I can see that it would be an impossible endeavor.

Wireless, but I'm curious about the switching as well.
2017 Escape 17B, 2012 VW Touareg

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:

...As well as how AF expects an owner to run the video cable from there to the front of the camper. I can see that it would be an impossible endeavor.
Bob

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

eagle777
Explorer
Explorer
if there is a clearance lite there then it will have a hot and ground on all TC's guess they were using it as a a selling thingy(or could be an extra set of wires). if you have a extending awning over that lite you may not be able to use that position as the cover will hit it. on my adventurer I had to drop a few inches for the camera location then run the cable back up to the lite hole and connected the wires there and then put the lite back on...
jack
Manteca, ca