cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox to Introduce a Triple-Slide Camper

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder if this is bringing back a modified AF1160 or a new design.
Given the weight of their other campers I wonder what this will tip the scales at.

"Among the new layouts was a prototype of a three-slide Arctic Fox truck camper floorplan that features a cathedral roof with island kitchen, dinette and rear-sofa slideouts.
”We’re really were just throwing it out there to get our dealers’ input,” Cochran said. ”They suggested that we change some small things, and we found some ways to improve it.”
The new floorplan will be available next spring. ”We had some dealers who wanted to order it, but we want to hold off until we come up with the final floorplan,” he said."

Northwod annual dealer meeting
122 REPLIES 122

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget the wiring and transfer and control switches that come with factory gen prep.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
YOu can get a new onan for about 2300. If I could save $3860 off the price of the camper by omitting the gen, I would do it. Then pick up a new gen and install it myself to save $1560.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
Hemi Joel wrote:
$3800 for a generator? If that's right, that's pretty high.

I noticed that too. Would pay for a lot of solar and batteries......already have a Honda 2000.

But really would depend on what the dealers are offering as a package deal when it came time to actually buy.
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 CC Dually Cummins,Aisin,Laramie,4*4,4.10,14K
2017 Stealth WA2916 Toyhauler
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Drybath
2017 Polaris 1000 XP Sportsman
2009 Polaris RZR w/fun parts
2014 Polaris 850 HO Scrambler
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd
2005 Pace Enclosed Toybox

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
$3800 for a generator? If that's right, that's pretty high.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool.....at least it says side door and ''Sofa Slide Topper'' as an option.

Can't wait to see what it weighs though.....I'd be really interested in trading in our 2011 1150 for this triple slide if the weight is not much heavier. Just cause it is a triple slide....the slides could be smaller and the weight does not have to be like 500 pounds more....maybe I'll skip the genny and opt for all the solar panels and my Honda 2000.

Hopefully it is revealed in details soon!!
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 CC Dually Cummins,Aisin,Laramie,4*4,4.10,14K
2017 Stealth WA2916 Toyhauler
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Drybath
2017 Polaris 1000 XP Sportsman
2009 Polaris RZR w/fun parts
2014 Polaris 850 HO Scrambler
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd
2005 Pace Enclosed Toybox

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
And figure out how to design it where one can walk in, to the fridge and bathroom without having to pop a slide out.

+1

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
wnjj wrote:
Wikel wrote:
Seems like the server is having issues with the post parser. Linking my Dropbox link to the build sheet to a Google short link and see if that helps allow it to post.

goo.gl/pw9vnW

Post from a different portal like woodalls.com. Rv.net chokes on percent signs and some other special characters.

When I was trying to post the link above, I noticed there were a few random characters after the .pdf file extension. Once I removed those 3 or 4 characters, the link posted fine.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
And figure out how to design it where one can walk in, to the fridge and bathroom without having to pop a slide out.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Powerdude wrote:
jimh425 wrote:
mkirsch wrote:
How much "innovation" can you have in a TC, really?

I think a few of us have ideas that haven't been used yet. 🙂 15 years ago, a slide in a TC was pretty extreme, then came the second and third one and the tent drop downs, and more recently the triple slide.

What's next?

I want a triple slide camper with cathedral ceilings.

Put a pop-up top on the triple slide camper, dammit.

Add a ramp to one of the slides. Make it a toy hauling slide.

May as well close in the lower sides and put dually Jack mounts on all 4 corners then because you'd need to load something like that on a F650!

I'd totally do a big double/triple slide later in life when we would want the convienence of more living space for long trips, but dayum they get heavy.....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wikel wrote:
Seems like the server is having issues with the post parser. Linking my Dropbox link to the build sheet to a Google short link and see if that helps allow it to post.

goo.gl/pw9vnW

Post from a different portal like woodalls.com. Rv.net chokes on percent signs and some other special characters.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Build Sheet for the AF triple Slide
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
Wikel wrote:

goo.gl/pw9vnW

Your link works for me and I see they're still holding the base price close to the vest. I do see that they have specified a side door entry, nice! Please let us know when a floor plan is available.
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer

goo.gl/pw9vnW

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
Can't get the link to the build sheet posted. Keep getting server reset error on post

Powerdude
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
mkirsch wrote:
How much "innovation" can you have in a TC, really?

I think a few of us have ideas that haven't been used yet. 🙂 15 years ago, a slide in a TC was pretty extreme, then came the second and third one and the tent drop downs, and more recently the triple slide.

What's next?

I want a triple slide camper with cathedral ceilings.

Put a pop-up top on the triple slide camper, dammit.

Add a ramp to one of the slides. Make it a toy hauling slide.
2016 F250 CCSB 4x4 6.2L
2001 Lance 820