cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox Truck Campers?

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
.... Considering an Artic Fox TC ( new 865 Short Bed ) ( gonna go on a Short Bed Dually Dodge ) & wondering about the satisfaction level of owners on this forum.... Have you been happy with your Arctic Fox purchase? Anything to be aware of with Arctic Fox quality? Any suggestions please? Thanks...
35 REPLIES 35

Yukoners
Explorer
Explorer
Very happy with our 2012 990 wet bath. Many thousands of miles and hundreds of nights. We love it for here in the north...heading up the Dempster Highway for a couple of weeks for the colours. Glad you are going the Dually route that is smart:)
2006 GMC 3500 4x4 Duramax/Allison SRW LB CC Helwig Sway Bars, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone airbags, Rickson 19.5", Bridgestone M729F 225s, Airraid CAI, Lightforce driving lights.
2012 Arctic Fox 990 Torklift tie downs, Fast guns, Foxlanding, 2500 Onan gennie

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Trackrig wrote:

This is the link to the Northwood RV Owners Assoc.

Bill

THe problem with that forum is after a month of membership, they expect you to cough up a "fee" to continue to use that forum.

Search Facebook (if you do FB) for "Arctic Fox Wolf Creek truck camper"

There's 100 times more activity there than on the forum mentioned above. The forum is pretty much useless because they demand a fee from people to be able to read and post on most areas of the forum, which keeps a lot of people off the forum.

The Northwood forum is great, very helpful, and the fee keeps the riff raff away.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
The faces of the cabinets are hardwood. The frames are not real wood. They're pressed/particle board and the screws strip out.
You can even search this forum to see people complaining about it. Or at least by googling it.

They say hardwood, but that's only the face. The uprights that the hinges screw into are not real wood. They have a "sticker" on them to look like wood.

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer that's what my thinking is, along with side boxes...

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
HadEnough wrote:
The only problems have been the slide stopped working after I used it several times a day every day and the interior cabinetry is made of particle board so the screws holding the doors on strip and loosen too easily.

I've never seen a Northwood product with particle board in it.

I know the new ones don't use that stuff
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
Are you sure you want a short bed TC? Having had a TC, I can't quit wrap my head around (or myself into) a short bed TC.

Short bed 865 can accommodate an onboard generator. That's why I'd go shortbed, if I had a short bed dually.

AFs really should be hauled on a dually because they are so heavy
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:

This is the link to the Northwood RV Owners Assoc.

Bill

THe problem with that forum is after a month of membership, they expect you to cough up a "fee" to continue to use that forum.

Search Facebook (if you do FB) for "Arctic Fox Wolf Creek truck camper"

There's 100 times more activity there than on the forum mentioned above. The forum is pretty much useless because they demand a fee from people to be able to read and post on most areas of the forum, which keeps a lot of people off the forum.
Bob

Bedlam
I owned an AF811 prior to my current Host. I would have bought another Arctic Fox if they offered a side door multi slide model. I even configured the cab over of my Host like my previous Arctic Fox.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Geo Boy, Mountainkowboy, Grit Dog, & Had Enough.....Manwithoutoptions & 996 Pilot I sent you messages....Yes, there's always production on Mondays that isn't up to par....

996Pilot
Explorer
Explorer
HadEnough wrote:
I've been beating the heck out of a used AF TC now for a couple years full time traveling and not using campgrounds. It's bouncing around every single day for 50,000 miles now and that's a used one. Who knows what happened before I got it.

The only problems have been the slide stopped working after I used it several times a day every day and the interior cabinetry is made of particle board so the screws holding the doors on strip and loosen too easily.

I can't seem to figure out the slide to fix it, but cabinet door issue is fixed in 10 minutes. Just squirt Gorrila glue in the stripped holes and put the screws in. Fixed

I've only had my 811 for a week and haven't been on a trip yet but it's been on the side of the house getting outfitted. New AF811 cabinets are solid wood - no pressed wood cabinetry - no laminates. The (new) slide is operated by two heavy duty racks (no cables) and looks about as robust as they come. This is my fourth camper and, by far, the best most thought out camper I've owned. It's heavy too 🙂

Where are you in California? S or N?
2018 Arctic Fox 811
2015 RAM 3500 SRW Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins 68RFE Timbren SES, Lower Stableloads
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9 Cummins 48RE TRADED
2006 Outfitter Apex 8 TRADED

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
I've been beating the heck out of a used AF TC now for a couple years full time traveling and not using campgrounds. It's bouncing around every single day for 50,000 miles now and that's a used one. Who knows what happened before I got it.

I can't seem to figure out the slide to fix it, but cabinet door issue is fixed in 10 minutes. Just squirt Gorrila glue in the stripped holes and put the screws in. Fixed

Manwithoutoptio
Explorer
Explorer
Going to get my 2019 AF865 in 2 days. If you are interested I can report back.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Disgruntled former AF owner. There is always one in every bunch right? 😉
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
I don't have experience with any campers other than AF, but we had an 05 and now an 03 and both of them were well built and to date haven't had any significant issues with anything.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
.. Always appreciate some of these answers! If you actually have an Arctic Fox I appreciate your answers even more.... Yes, with record RV sales the last 5 years I'm sure the manufacturer has increased production & decreased quality...C'est la vie....