cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awning starting to roll up crooked?

crispyc21
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like my awning is starting to roll up crooked and causing it to be very difficult to lock into position. As you can see by the pics, it’s rollup up off by maybe 1/5-2 inches by the time it’s fully up. This is causing the two awning arms to be off and not easily lock into place. I have to really push and pull to get the two arms to lock into place.
Any ideas why this is happening and more importantly, what I can do to fix this?

19 REPLIES 19

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you are level as well. I tried rolling up mine while rig was leaning down hill and had it roll up that way.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
With the awning all the way out, slide it in the tube.

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
With the awning fully extended, take hold of one of the arms and move it in the required direction and check it again. May take 2 or 3 tries to get it aligned again but it will. I have had to do that. 🙂
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

crispyc21
Explorer
Explorer
I usually am very careful about closing it up in high wind. But sometimes as night it would get windy and would really have to bother me to get me up and out to roll it up.
So would I have to slide the awning material to the side to square it up? That does not look like an easy job.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had this same problem when I was selling my old motorhome. The basic cause is the awning material is no longer square. It has slid left or right. Was it out during a significant wind?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT