cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axle alignment in Sacramento or Reno area?

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
On a recent trip I was distracted by a complicated exit from a RV park and hit a curb. The rim was bent and the tire lost all air. I put the spare on and went to a Les Schwab dealer because I had bought the tires from one of their stores. I bought a new rim and they replaced the tire under the road hazard guarantee. Later, at another store, was told that I was lucky because hitting a curb isn't covered. I am going to ask my local dealer if it is.

A few days later as we were leaving camp my wife noticed that the replaced tire was not straight with the rear tire on the same side. It seems to be cocked inward at the top (negative camber?). I measured it relative to the trailer side and it seems to be about 3/4" more in at the top than the other three tires. So, I may have bent the axle or some part of the suspension.

My question is does anyone have a recommendation for an axle/frame shop in Carson City, Reno or the Sacramento area to inspect and align the axle if necessary?
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y
6 REPLIES 6

sunshineservice
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a little late to this thread. But, if anyone else is looking for a shop that aligns travel trailer axles, we do that. We have been in business for over sixty years in Sparks, NV and the tech that does the alignment has worked here for over 40 of those years. If you Google "trailer alignment, Sparks, NV" you'll find Sunshine Service Brake and Alignment. Or, go to sunshinenv.com

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
Tone wrote:
We had Linville Brothers at 1936 el camino ave Sacramento (916)929-6382 do or trailer. We have always been happy with their quality of work. They were recomended to us by the fleet shop manager where I work. Linville does all of there alignments.Hope this helps Tony

Thanks.
Arctic Fox 25Y

Tone
Explorer
Explorer
We had Linville Brothers at 1936 el camino ave Sacramento (916)929-6382 do or trailer. We have always been happy with their quality of work. They were recomended to us by the fleet shop manager where I work. Linville does all of there alignments.Hope this helps Tony

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the replies. Keep them coming, especially if you have personal experience.
Arctic Fox 25Y

CJ5_jeeper
Explorer
Explorer
The best shop in Sacramento is West Coast Frame and Collision. They are in West Sacramento, their phone is 916-371-6100. I wanted my motorhome checked, so I asked a couple of companies I had driven for who they used for their trucks. I am very mechanical, and they impressed me, they were very reasonable and fast.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Call De-Martini RV in Grass Valley and they should have a recommendation. If you are in the Yuba City Marysville area Harvey and Songer have been around for about 60 years. They did mine.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008