cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back from a 12 day trip!

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
Just spent 12 days in our HTT (5 ppl, 21 ft HTT), it was fantastic. Traveled through the mountains, the Armada pulled like a champ. Set up was so much easier than it would have been with our PUP, and the ammenities were great. Just getting unpacked and can't wait til out next trip out. ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 Nissan Armada TV
2007 Trail Cruiser 21RBH HTT
8 REPLIES 8

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
ken07734 wrote:
We did a 14 day trip back in the end of July with our Armada pulling our 2013 zt271 z1 and also had 7 people in the tv and about 7000 lbs on the tt. other than having to baby her to stay in a higher gear it pulled great! never knew it back there until i almost hit a gas pump. do you have that problem?

Sorry Ken, I missed your post! Did you have your Armada in Tow Mode? Ours stayed in high gear well on the flat, but definitely not in the mountains (which was fine). Also barely knew it was back there. We did have to fill up A LOT though, still recovering from what we spent on fuel ;).
2008 Nissan Armada TV

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
We do that too, 2 kids bikes (3 on the rack), dufflebags etc..come out right away.
2008 Nissan Armada TV

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
My poor popup when packed up has every nook and cranny filled with something. You eventually get a system going of packing things you need to use first in action packer type container.

When we first arrive at the camp ground everything on the floor has to come out of the POPUP and lined up on the picnic table before we can even get started on setting up camp.

We still had to do that very thing with our hybrid. Not enough storage inside and very little outside storage. So chairs, bbq, patio rug and more was piled onto the floor until we got to camp. But we loved it for 10 years and great camping! Got very fast at setting up and taking down much faster than our older popups we had before. But we've now moved on to a 5th wheel and setting up takes minutes now! Still gonna miss the hybrid though as they certainly have their pluses!
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
LOL! We had a ton of laundry, we don't leave any food in the trailer, and wanted to wash all of the dishes after heavy use. We also don't keep doubles of things like bikes, lifejackets etc...so those come in and out each time. Our trip was 3000kms, so about 2000 miles. Lots of mountains though. Might tackle a Disney trip next...
2008 Nissan Armada TV

ken07734
Explorer
Explorer
We did a 14 day trip back in the end of July with our Armada pulling our 2013 zt271 z1 and also had 7 people in the tv and about 7000 lbs on the tt. other than having to baby her to stay in a higher gear it pulled great! never knew it back there until i almost hit a gas pump. do you have that problem?

epeters
Explorer
Explorer
Glad your big trip was a success. We took a two week trip (around 3,000 miles) a couple years ago and it performed beautifully.

Unpacking for us is mainly laundry that needs washing and some of the games and stuff we take along.
Erik

DW, DS, DD
2018 Nash 29S
2017 GMC Sierra
Retired --> 2004 Silverado Crewcab 1500
2008 Starcraft Antiqua - traded in
2003 Fleetwood Mesa - gone
Photos

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
PADLIN - Amen to that - The hybrid idea of fold down tent bed ends on the outside really keeps the inside area all opened up for sure...

My poor popup when packed up has every nook and cranny filled with something. You eventually get a system going of packing things you need to use first in action packer type container.

When we first arrive at the camp ground everything on the floor has to come out of the POPUP and lined up on the picnic table before we can even get started on setting up camp.

My POPUP has the front deck and of course my truck bed so you ccan imagine all the supplies and things we can bring along..

Its a definite routine to get all setup. I sometimes wonder why I put me and the wife thru all of this for every trip. We got the itch for something with hard sides several times. I almost got the JAYCO 213X in 2010...

Then I think about about all of the gas savings we get having a POPUP. Hard to beat 19-21MPG with these days cost of fuel... When we get setup we have all the modern toys the big tall guys have just lacking a bit of move around room inside. Well maybe alot of moving around room inside hehe... Makes us live more on the outside I reckon...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
You're not supposed to unpack, that was popup days.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA