cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in the saddle,.....

nodepositnoretu
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, just a fast hello. I have been a truck camper for many years I think first one was a 99Lance. Anyhow got hurt pretty badly in 06 and chronic pain has kept me down for a few years. Things are not any better in some cases worse,but time marches on ! So must I . I’m getting the 1030 cleaned and polished up. And hope to hit the road this spring.ill stop by here usually everyday now to see what’s new.

Lance 06 Dodge CTD 110,000 ez miles
2003 Dodge Dually Cummins 4x4, HO,Smarty ,4”,airbox gutted,2 micron CAT fuel,.Lance 2005 1055.Solar, Loaded.110,000 Easy miles.
8 REPLIES 8

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Empathy to all of those struggling with chronic pain.
Keep moving to the extent you can. Celebrate what you can still do instead of lamenting all of the things you can't.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I have a titanium plate in my neck and just had my 3rd back surgery last fall (arthritis). Keep moving and stay away from recliners.
Like my Dad told Grandpa..."Pop you keep just sitting on the porch and pretty soon that is all you will be able to do".
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you. Get out there and keep going perhaps the pain will gradually subside.

You need more miles on that RAM!! I have 227 K miles on mine.:B
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

nodepositnoretu
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
I broke my femur in a mule wreck in 2008 after running into a mountain lion. It took a day to find a fixed wing airplane and a hospital. First morphine is your friend. Now I have a titanium rod and a bolt through my hip. I still backpack at 67 but it took seveal years to recover. I retired from riding, but now I teach kids to ride.

Yup Titanium and bolts and plates and screws, now their friend has moved in a Mr Arthur Itius. All over! I do have a inrerthecal morphine pump sewn into my gut to help with some of the pain. But I’m pushing forward.
2003 Dodge Dually Cummins 4x4, HO,Smarty ,4”,airbox gutted,2 micron CAT fuel,.Lance 2005 1055.Solar, Loaded.110,000 Easy miles.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Would I rather stay home and have moderate hip pain or go camping and have moderate hip pain? Easy choice for me. Thankfully it doesn't bother my bicycle riding home or away.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I broke my femur in a mule wreck in 2008 after running into a mountain lion. It took a day to find a fixed wing airplane and a hospital. First morphine is your friend. Now I have a titanium rod and a bolt through my hip. I still backpack at 67 but it took seveal years to recover. I retired from riding, but now I teach kids to ride.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has chronic pain in her spine, so she is my ride comfort sensor.
When new 2017 F350 rides way more comfortable than previous 2006 model, the empty ride is still harsh.
I put Sulastic hangers and I consider it $300 well spend.
Take care about yourself and enjoy camping.

Yukoners
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you brudda, best thing we can do is keep moving. Life is what's happening right now so enjoy. There is no practice run:B
2006 GMC 3500 4x4 Duramax/Allison SRW LB CC Helwig Sway Bars, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone airbags, Rickson 19.5", Bridgestone M729F 225s, Airraid CAI, Lightforce driving lights.
2012 Arctic Fox 990 Torklift tie downs, Fast guns, Foxlanding, 2500 Onan gennie