cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Batteries not Charging

Kylesmith3021
Explorer
Explorer
So I added a second battery to my camper this year and for some reason now its nit charging them while plugged in. I went to the breaker box and converter doesnt even run..I flipped the breaker off and then back on and the fan runs for a couple of seconds then shuts off..How can i fix this
5 REPLIES 5

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Kylesmith3021 wrote:
Sorry been at work all day...2015 Starcraft AROne Max 26BH..2 interstate batteries..Connected positive to positive and negative to negative..also have a disconnect switch installed

How did you determine it is not charging? You mentioned breakers, what about the fuses?

Hard to help with such minimal information.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Kylesmith3021
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry been at work all day...2015 Starcraft AROne Max 26BH..2 interstate batteries..Connected positive to positive and negative to negative..also have a disconnect switch installed

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
The fan in most converters runs only when cooling is needed so a fan shutting down isn't necessarily a problem. More info on your batteries and converter would help us help you.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Probably connected the battery wrong and opened the reverse polarity fuses.

Kyle, you do realize we have no idea what you are working on? Type of RV? brand and model of converter?

Tell us exactly what steps you have followed, what you have tried and the results of those attempts.

Not knowing what converter you have, I can say that the fan is often temperature activated, if it isn't hot why would the fan run?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
The first thing is to clean and check all your connections including grounds. Make shure the batteries are hooked up in parallel. + to + and -to-.
Check the output of the converter with a meter and see what it is putting out. Look for circuit breakers on the converter and re set them.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain