cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Charger Replacement Help!

Thoodenpyl
Explorer
Explorer
I have a custom Nugget made in 1975. The battery charger has gone and I need to replace it but the system is custom. I think it is pretty straight forward but I would love some idea if I am right.

The new chargers have several phases, can I adapt the battery plug in to this plug in again? If so do I have to turn the charger switch on and off if the new battery chargers have trickle mode?

I can”t get my pictures to show up, so explaining this seems difficult :S
17 REPLIES 17

Thoodenpyl
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure why the knife switch is there. The charger is VERY old so assuming it could only charge one at a time. I never have two batteries. I mostly use electric but to complete the circuit I need to have a charger.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
It looks like you have a knife switch that you flip to select either the right or left side battery. What is the purpose for the switch? Is it to use only one battery at a time and keep the second in reserve? Or was there a limitation with your original charger and you could only charge one battery at a time.

Here's your pictures. I think Apple is preventing direct linking from websites so i copied them into the RV.net hosting site.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Click For Full-Size Image.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
can you get the model number of your "converter" and post it?
Most converters have different charge rates depending on battery requirements and do have a trickle charge rate.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker