cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Disconnect Question

JWP127
Explorer
Explorer
My new TT has a battery disconnect. When I turn it off, the electric stabilizer jacks and the tongue jack still work. Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to kill power to everything.
5 REPLIES 5

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does the battery disconnect affect the ebrake?

JWP127
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
JWP127 wrote:
My new TT has a battery disconnect. When I turn it off, the electric stabilizer jacks and the tongue jack still work. Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to kill power to everything.

Both of those pull a lot of current, and, they don't have a phantom draw. For those reasons, they are direct wired to the battery. Although you didn't mention it, the breakaway brakes SHOULD also be direct wired to the battery. The reason for the disconnect switch is to stop phantom draws from things like the television instant-on function, the radio with its preset channels memory, etc.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s how it works on mine. I only have an electric tongue jack and it is on its own fuse and comes straight off the battery. Everything else goes through the cut off switch then to the 12v distribution panel.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
That is normal. The only battery disconnect that will kill all power, would have to be installed right at the battery cable connections.

Jerry