cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Disconnect

RamblinRalph
Explorer
Explorer
I have the most basic Intellitec Battery Disconnect. I cannot get the battery to disconnect when I press the store button. It seems to make the familiar click but the red light stays on and the battery is connected. I have tried turning on lights and pressing store, hooking up to shore power and pressing store etc. My voltmeter to he battery reads 13.0 and I am hooked up to a solar charger. Before this happened my water pump was running for maybe an hour without water in the tank. Any help would be appreciated.

2002 Bigfoot 10.4
2006 Dodge 3500
4 REPLIES 4

Mr__Patches
Explorer
Explorer
I had the exact same symptoms in my Bigfoot 9.4. The wire that supplies power to the switch was not connected to the battery when I put in new batteries.

Tamnative
Explorer
Explorer
The rely should be under the cabinet drawers between the sink and the stove should you need to replace. Just remove several of the lower drawers.
2005 Ford F-350 ex-cab Lariat 4x4 srw 6.0 Powerstroke
2008 Bigfoot 10.4

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
RamblinRalph:
I had a similar situation occur with my intellitec switch. I replaced the switch first because the rocker was sticking. No luck! Had to replace the relay too. Three years ,no problems. You could check the connections on your relay first. They might be loose.
Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XLโ€™s.

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how you have the solar panel wired in but is possible that it is supplying power after the disconnect? I know that on mine when in storage (Indoor) I must remove the fuse to the solar panel or it will drain the batteries.
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH