cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigfoot shower drain

umpqua
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone replaced the drain in the shower floor of a Bigfoot camper? If so can you advise RE parts?

I have a 2006 10.6, dry bath (enclosed shower). We have had it for 5 or so years and this was the first time I used the shower. When I went outside later water was dripping out the back.

Opened it up today and the metal pipe that connects from the shower to the ABS as broken. I removed most everything, but haven't removed the fitting from the shower floor. I'm trying to determine if I need to completely replace everything or if this is like some other plumbing where it is simply a pipe at the bottom.

Any help appreciated. We need the camper for the weekend of the 4th of July. Don't really need the shower, but I'd like to get it fixed quickly.
2006 Ford F350
2004 Bigfoot 2500 10.6
6 REPLIES 6

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like it was (originally) two pieces, but over time, as plumbing likes to do, it corroded to the point that it became one. But, it's irrelevant now. It is now in at least seven pieces :B

That right there is why I hate plumbing. And plumbers know that there are millions of people like me who hate plumbing, and will pay any price to have someone else fix our broken plumbing. Which is why they charge more than doctors and lawyers on an hourly basis.

May your plumbing repair require no more than two trips to the hardware store. :B

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

umpqua
Explorer
Explorer
I decided to go for it. It was all one piece. Hard getting the nut off with little to no room to work a wrench.

What I don't understand is it was one piece, but there was a brass nut as if it was going to have the flaired piece on the bottom.

Now to find a new one
2006 Ford F350
2004 Bigfoot 2500 10.6

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
In that case, I would plan on buying a shower drain and tailpiece set.

The tailpieces I have seen always have a little flair at the end that attaches to the shower drain, and there should be a big nut and seal on that end as well.

But, if .03 can be saved by making it all one piece, I'm sure some company would do it, and an RV builder would buy it.

umpqua
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, that's it, but how do I know if the tailpiece is supposed to have been part of the fitting attached to the shower floor? It seems like it was one piece, but I don't know for certain and I'm hesitant to start working what is left with pliers.

I"ve got most of it out. The Bigfoot bottom is removable giving good access to this pipe. Not much room to work a wrench, but hopefully I'm through that.
2006 Ford F350
2004 Bigfoot 2500 10.6

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
That sounds like the tailpiece that's broken. You can probably just go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a new one. You may have to cut it to length, as they typically come in several standard lengths. In order to get it connected in the tight quarters of a TC, you might have to pull the drain out of the shower pan.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to a plumbing contractor supply house, maybe bring the camper with you and bring in what you need they can provide some of the best grade stuff around. You would be amazed what HD does not have in terms of quality stuff.

George Morlan Plumbing, Keller Supply, or Ferguson supply are all good.