It's time for tires for my GMC 2500 4wd gas
We pull a 7,000 lb 5th
Local shop promotes the Cooper brand , made in USA , good prices
We Have run them on our Jeep with good success

Any input on Cooper or your fav TV tire brand would be appreciated

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

blt2ski
I bought a Discount brand tire last time. As they could NOT get me the AT and aHWY Cooper I wanted. Seem to be ok. But the Coopers would have been better for my useage. Lost track of finners and toes as to how many Coopers I haved owned, and miles for that matter. Much better than Michiblows!
OH, your mileage and preference may vary!

marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

mudfuel07
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Cooper STT Pro's and love them so far. I also had the Discoverer and they were very good riding.
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD 4x4 Tradesman(with a few toys)
2020 Puma by Palomino 32RBFQ for the kids!

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rainier wrote:
Love the Michelin LTX - Have them on my truck - no complaints.

It may depend which LTX tire your talking about. I have the LTX AT/2 tires on my F350. These are the factory tires. After 6200 miles I have 6.3 mm of tread left above the tread wear indicators. New the tires have 10.3 mm above the tread wear indicators. That is 39% of the tread gone in 6200 miles. My last F350 had the same crappy tires on it and they wore out just as fast. I have done very little towing and 100% of the miles are on pavement. Additionally I am usually pretty easy on the skinny pedal.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Cooper HT3 here. 25,000 miles with over half of tread left. Lot's of good tires available without having to buy the Michelin or Duravis. Every tire has had issues at one time or another. OEM Firestone HT were at wear bars at 25,000 miles. Bridgestone's OEM's on previous truck did not last 30,000 miles.

As stated above, not all tires have a mileage warranty. The Cooper HT3 have a 50,000 mile warranty with other Coopers having varying warranties.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

busterbrown73
Explorer
Explorer
Four months ago, I purchased Cooper Discoverer H/T plus XL tires for my Yukon XL Denali. Bought them from Discount Tire on Ebay for a steal. Had them mounted at a local tire shop for about $60. I air up to close to the maximum inflation pressure of 50 PSI when towing my 6900 lb loaded TT. They perform very nice.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
When i bought my truck the previous owner had just put on E rated toyo open country tires. They feel great towing and not towing.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
My fave tire brand is the one that doesn't break the bank, lol.
Cooper tires are fine tires.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Rainier
Explorer
Explorer
Love the Michelin LTX - Have them on my truck - no complaints.

shelbyd
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the Bridgstone Duravis since new and have been very happy. 40,000 miles on so far and will easily get another 10,000 +
I will likely get them again. I did have to order a new one at 13,000 miles due to a large puncture from a bolt and the replacement I got from Tire Rack said Duravis HD. Wearing great.
2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 3:73
2006 Sunline 2553

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Duravis is the best I have ever owned. They are used in commercial applications. Mine have 20k on them now and still have full tread. Discount tire here where I live says they are the best, even though I did not purchase them from there shop. The were new from the dealer when I bought my truck.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

IDoMyOwnStunts
Explorer
Explorer
I like Toyo. I put a set of HTs on the Jeep and on the previous truck. Great highway and rain tires and the only E-rated tires I could find with a mileage warranty. The ones on the Jeep are barely worn at 40k. The caveat is that they suck on wet grass.
I'm done. This isn't a place to be helpful. It's a place where curmudgeons with a superiority complex will nit pick everything. If you want help, go elsewhere. Admin, delete my account please.

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
BFG and Michelin have been good to me.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

6_6_Oilburner
Explorer
Explorer
I have been extremely happy with Cooper tires on my trucks over the years. Its not apples to apples as I'm on my first travel trailer, But I've always been a fan of el cheapo trailer tires over the years on different equipment and dump trailers and had good luck with different off brands.

gopherslayer
Explorer
Explorer
I just put on Nitto Dura Grapplers. Very quiet smooth ride. We will see how they hold up after a couple of years. The reviews are very good on these.