cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blackstone Results

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer

I have been taking samples of oil for Blackstone for a number of years. This is the last sample and I am asking for opinions. Almost 3800+ miles towing on this change. Using Shell Rotella T 15W40. My concern is the copper and iron vs. universal averages. I am aware that coolers are copper and can leach copper out. If it is the cooler my question is why has it not shown a downward trend?

Still have the old oil from last change and have ordered a test kit from Amzoil to compare. I subscribe that "oil is oil" when using major brands but hinking of using another brand at next oil change. I am also going to post at Diesel Place.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2 REPLIES 2

FishOnOne
Nomad
Nomad
The Duramax's typically yield the best UOA of any diesel engine, so I'm a bit surprised of the little higher than normal iron. Also the copper typically flushes out over time and yours still appears to be on the high side.

Bottom line I don't think you have to be alarmed with this report. Driving style, pulling heavy loads, cold weather short trips can have adverse affects on wear metals. I'm pretty sure your engine will make it to an easy 500k miles or more.

I would try the new CK4 Rotella since it now contains Moly, Boron and still maintain high levels of Phos and Zinc.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why so many hand written numbers on the report?
Looks like you have had high numbers on that Dmax since the beginning. What has Blackstone stated in previous reports?
I think I would take the last several reports to your dealer, and ask why.
One other question, if using synthetic oil why change so often?
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"