cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought our first DIESEL!!

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our first diesel a few days ago.

We traded in our 2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab with 26,500 miles on it and walked away with our

2016 Ram 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab Turbo Cummings. We aren't to sure about the crew cab but we are impressed with the Cummings. So far only 175 miles on it but 17mpg around the city and close to 19 on the highway is amazing. The power it has is amazing and the rumble is great.

We aren't impressed with the backup camera. That's the only thing we can find we don't like. It's horrible.

We are just waiting for the new hitch to come in so we can install it and hook up to our 40' fifth wheel and see how she does. The Mega did great but had many upgrades and could barely push 11-12 mpg out of her with the trailer.

Once I learn how to post pics I'll get a few up.
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system
33 REPLIES 33

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Congrats on the new truck, you will surely like the Cummins diesel. Forget the camera, won't need it with the FW. AS a new owner, don't forget to leave the g off from Cummins. 🙂

Jerry

petrel
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! Nice truck.
43' Renegade/Coronado '06
2017 F450
2001 Ford Excursion PSD
1997 F350 Crew Cab PSD

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new purchase. In time, you'll come to appreciate the crew cab! If your back seats lift up (like mine do in my Chevy), you'll have tons of extra storage space, unless you have passengers. If you have passengers, they'll appreciate the extra space too!

You bet! Wait till you tow! You'll wonder why you wasted your time with a gasser!

Once again, Congrats!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good call on the RAM/Cummins. Fill in your signature. Long bed? DRW? Aisin trans?

Now no one on here is going to believe you until you post some pics of the new beast!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD