cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bunk end water damage.

ike1450
Explorer
Explorer
The bunk end of our Rockwood Roo 2009 has water damage onthe bunk, and the wood has became soft. The outside also has bubbles. We know it would not be under warranty, but wondered if anyone has had their's replaced and what the cost was. We bought it 2 yrs ago, and it probably had this problem, but we did not see it. We like the trailer, but don't want to spend a fortune fixing it. The other alternative, would be to sell it and show them the issues that it has and sell it as is. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

ike1450
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to a dealer that deals with hybrids
Will find out soon.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I only got a price from my local dealer. But, seeing what others paid, because they had their doors shipped by truck, I got a good deal.

But seeing you are cloae to the factory, I would try and see if they will service it.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
i'd take to the factory, before a dealer.
most dealers don't know squat about hybrids, let alone know how to repair them.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

ike1450
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info Choo. We are not far from the factory, but you are saying that your local dealer was cheaper? We have a local dealer fairly close too, so perhaps I will call before I check with the factory. Thanks for the info.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I had mine on my previous Roo (The one pictured below) done at my local dealer. If it is a good dealer, they will work with you. You are close to the factory, it may work out differently. But my dealer had the bunk door shipped inside a trailer that was being delivered. It took a bit longer, but I had the time. All together with labor, it was under $700 (I will see if I can find the exact number). It would have been a lot more if they had to freight the door.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized