cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying siding and wallboard from keysyone

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, I need to replace a sheet of siding on the front of the camper and the whole wallboard behind the bed (because they don't sell wallpaper) because of some water damage. Spoke to local rv dealer and they said keystone would charge $50-75 to box each and $175 to ship. They said I could bundle with others if I wait a few weeks.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks Bill
7 REPLIES 7

westend
Explorer
Explorer
NCMODELA wrote:
I didn't even think about the hard wood panels. I can get oak or poplar veneer board from lowes. How do you guys think that would look stained?

Also. What sealant do they use to attach the top siding to the end roof? Is that decor self leveling or eternabond? I want to be prepared when I start taking this apart.
Don't know exactly which joint you're talking about but there won't be any Eternabond on a stock trailer, it is strictly an after-market product and it's a tape. I would use Geocel Proflex or a similar product from their tripolymer line of sealants to seal any siding--> frame or siding--> roof joints.

I like the wood look, in fact did all of my interior with a sealer over wood panel. You may wish to get the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) on it....or not.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try All-Rite, they stock a lot of the OEM panels and trim. The problem is trying to ship a 4x8 panel in a box via truck line. It's just not not cheap/easy to ship.

If you are dead set on an OEM restoration then you're gonna have to pay the freight. Otherwise, I would look into ideas as ScottG suggested and consider this as a golden opportunity to redecorate and get rid of that cheesy wallpaper....

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't even think about the hard wood panels. I can get oak or poplar veneer board from lowes. How do you guys think that would look stained?

Also. What sealant do they use to attach the top siding to the end roof? Is that decor self leveling or eternabond? I want to be prepared when I start taking this apart.

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
No personal experience but I have heard that is the way most of the manufacturers do it. They charge a premium for an individual shipment but will include it in a big shipment to the dealer for little or nothing.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Bill,
I'd shop around some more, maybe an RV salvage place, rather than giving Keystone $175 for shipping.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You could buy some beautiful real wood panels for less money. And it would like nice in that location - like a head board.

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
I bought some of that wallboard at our local lumberyard...Might check with your local one, never know