cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camper Umbrella?

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Campers have awnings for the sides but has anyone designed a shade structure for the roof? I have some ideas for a plastic frame tarp structure that could produce some direct overhead shade.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk
4 REPLIES 4

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

At least one rv'er has reported his RV is cooler since he installed solar panels. That sounds like a "win win" to me.

But one Helluva expensive shade structure. LOL!
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

At least one rv'er has reported his RV is cooler since he installed solar panels. That sounds like a "win win" to me.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Solar panels.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to put up a 20X30 Tarp over the roof of my OFF-ROAD POPUP all the time. I cut holes in the tarp to go around the fantastic vent and the roof mounted air conditioner.

I ran the back side side of the trailer down to the ground at an angle and used 1/2-inch web ratchet type web straps and anchored to ground screwed in earth auger ancors. This gave me a great place to store firewood out of the elements

I ran the front side out over the existing awning and secured the end on each side of the extended awning using tent poles from WALMART. Then I went to the ground in the front using 1/2-web ratchet type straps going to earth screw-in augers in the front.

This give a full width front porch.

Goes up and down real easy in case of wind storms coming up...

Made a nice large area under the tarp and give alot of both heat form the sun protection as well staying warmer in the cooler times of the year.

You see alot of folks using the PATIO TENTs alot setup around the picnic tables just about every where you go. Have seen one of these up against a trailer a couple of times...

Never took any pictures but if you search google search you can see others that have done something similar.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS