cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrying a Portable Waste tank

rwbradley
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning on picking up a portable waste tank fro the TT this spring as we will be doing some longer trips at campgrounds that do not have sewer hookups. I would like to still use the facilities in the trailer but not have to hook it up every 3 days and drive it down to the dump station.

My problem is I am not sure how to carry it as I have a 21' Hybrid trailer being towed by a large SUV. I do not want to carry it inside the trailer or the back of the SUV (for obvious reasons). The roof of the TV will usually have bikes or a canoe. There is no ladder as it is a Hybrid. The storage compartment is not big enough to get a waste tank in. This leaves the exterior of the trailer. My top ideas right now are ratchet strap to the back bumper wedged between the spare tire and the back wall of the trailer (if it will fit), or somehow finding a way to strap it to the A frame near the battery (again if it will fit).

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas for transporting a waste tank outside their trailer?
Thanks
Rob
rvtechwithrvrob.com
17 REPLIES 17

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Since we ONLY use our waste tank for gray water, once it's rinsed we have no problems with it inside the vehicle or trailer.

Gray tanks fill WAY faster than black tanks.

We can go for two weeks of straight camping before we even come close to needing to dump our 25 gallon black tank.
So don't the the tote tank for black water.
Plus the idea of pulling one full of black water through the campground, isn't appealing to me.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen people towing a 4 wheel waste container behind their TV in camp grounds. Looks kind oh funny but it worked.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I need to take kine, I strap it to my ladder. Has worked good for probably 8 years.