cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cedar Creek Cottage CRS40 Window

ramsaymike
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 CRS40 sitting in Mission Tx with a broken window. It is one of the large windows in the living room slide. It was broken by the landscaper and they have agreed to fix it but are telling us that the window is no longer available. We are at home in Canada for the winter and communication through the park office has been an issue. Fortunately, we have double pane windows so there are no weather related issues. Does anyone know where we can source a window in the south TX area.
2014 Cedar Creek Cottage CRS
2007 Coachmen Concord M275 (6.0 diesel)
4 REPLIES 4

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
colliehauler wrote:
jdc1 wrote:
Any glass guy,including a mobile glass guy should be able to replace it. There is nothing special about trailer glass. They are not tempered.
Mine are tempered glass as well.

Should also note, newer glass may use a "ANSI" number on the glass instead of saying Tempered, if so, lookup the ANSI number, it will tell you what the specific glass is used. Replace the glass with that same ANSI specification..

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
jdc1 wrote:
Any glass guy,including a mobile glass guy should be able to replace it. There is nothing special about trailer glass. They are not tempered.
Mine are tempered glass as well.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
jdc1 wrote:

My 1980s TT says you are wrong on the Tempered part..

The windows in my TT have TEMPERED watermark on a corner of the glass..

Tempering makes the glass STRONGER and able to withstand vibration and flexing and even IMPACT better than plain plate glass, seems like the correct application for a RV?

Additionally tempering means that when the glass breaks, it will shatter into a million small less harmful pieces..

Standard plate glass breaks into large extremely sharp and lethal shards.. I would not wish to be a motorcycle rider or convertible motorist meeting up with huge shards of plate glass flying through the air in a accident involving a RV..

OP CAN however check with ANY window glass place that handles residential and business glass replacement. They will most likely NEED the frame in order to correctly size and cut the glass. They will for a small fee send the glass out for tempering AFTER they have cut to size. Tempering only adds a small nominal fee to the mix, I paid $25 additional for a 2ftx3ft piece of glass to get it tempered 10 yrs ago.

When the glass comes back from tempering they should be able to reassemble into the frame..

Op will need to reinstall window assy.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II