Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chalet XL1935 A frame with sofa ?

JustADrifter
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering.... does anyone have a Chalet XL 1935 with the sofa
configuration instead of the permanent bed?

I like the kitchen in the front and the small 2 person dinette but i have yet to see any pictures with the sofa option.

Seems like there would be ALOT of room in the interior if you had a sofa instead of a queen sized bed in that space.

And....plenty of room for one person to get comfortable in.
i am giving that some serious thought.

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

JustADrifter
Explorer
Explorer
Hey thanks so much for the pictures. and Sushidog ...YES a Chalet XL 1935 DOES come with a sofa... where did you get the idea it didnt ?

i already spoke to a dealer who told me it can be ordered that way.

All the pictures look great. thanks for sharing with me.
El Beso .... i'll go have a look at that flagstaff you are talking about.

ElBesoBlanco
Explorer
Explorer
I dont know how to post photos on this site. You can google Flagstaff Hardside series floor plans. There are several dealers who also have photos showing the trailer's interior on their website.
Greetings from eastern Washington!
2012 Flagstaff T12SDTH (Hardsided Toyhauler Pop Up)

sushidog
Explorer
Explorer
Chalet XL 1935's don't come with a sofa. However here's a couple shots of my Aliner LXE with a sofa/dinette that converts into a king sized bed. You can now get them with dormers too.

DW sitting on sofa.

DW and DDog on folded out bed. I top the cushions with soft 1" memory foam (not in picture.)

Here's the kitchen with shower/cassette potty stall on the right.

Chip
1999 National Tropical
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Aliner Classic with the rear sofa that slides out to a queen bed and a dinette in the front. To be honest with you, we keep our sofa in the bed configuration b/c there's nowhere to put the bedding to make it back into a sofa everyday, except in the car. We also have a memory foam topper b/c the foam in the cushions isn't firm enough to support the average person (my DH and I are not large people, either...). On longer trips, we may put the bedding in the back of our Pathfinder during the day so that we can enjoy the couch - we'll see.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

JustADrifter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks ... do you guys have any pictures ? i would love to see what your trailers look like.

ElBesoBlanco
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Forest River Flagstaff A-Frame with sofa bed that converts to queen size bed as well as having a dinette that seats 4 & converts to a double bed.

This floor plan has alot of floor space. Last time I used it,I kept the dinette as a bed & the sofa stayed a sofa. My unit has 2 indoor removable side tables where the sofa is (they are located at the end of the microwave & sink counters) and I just used the small table to eat at.

With the exception of the pillows, bedding (sheets & comforter) for both beds is stored in the baggage compartment under the sofa bed. I use down comforters because they smash well, weigh little, fluff up nicely and keep us warm enough without baking us.

My best friend liked my trailer so much, they bought one (newer year & the Rockwood, also made by Forest River) - she uses sleeping bag for her bedding & simply rolls it up and sets on the sofa floor or on the shelf above the sofa...
Greetings from eastern Washington!
2012 Flagstaff T12SDTH (Hardsided Toyhauler Pop Up)

larrybud
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Aliner that came with queen bed. I switched out to a single bed. Lots more room and better mattress. I travel alone so it works out well. Actually I've made a few mods to trailer to make it better for a single.