Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choice between two campers

Mysteryiam
Explorer
Explorer
The choice is between:

Keystone Passport 199ML or a R Vision 200S ?
Which would you choose and why ?

(If you need some background:
I'm looking to buy new. My TV is a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder V6; empty nester looking for a camper for only 2. I'm keeping to a 20-22 ft length maxium and a dry weight of 3500 or under. Looking for a walk around Queen bed with a slide need an oven too. I went to the Hershey Pa. show, and another NJ show just this weekend, so I've seen many manufactures and types of RVs.)
19 REPLIES 19

RVnMC
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a pre-owned 2012 199ml.
I am taking it on a first camp trip in less than 2 weeks.
Me and a cocker spaniel.

I am not pleased with kitchen cabinets and there is no counter space for a coffee maker or dish drainer.

I am already thinking of space modification as a lot of usable space is not set up to be usable.
Pass through is less space than we had in last trailer.
Not sure what to store in small storage on slide.

I think the utility shower should be on connection side and not the awning side which could make patio area muddy.

Other that that it should be okay for two when the weather requires moving inside. At least the bathroom is usable to sit and not have to leave door open for legroom and you can actually change or dress in there, if needed.

And Keystone is a reputable company.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
pass port is better because of regular tub and not neoangle crap. But TV veiwing will be a pain on the couch,but coach more comfy.

The vision has the slide... More room and better TV angle. Neoangle showers stink IMO.. And not a fan of the dinette being used as a couch. Not comfortable

Jayco 221 has nice floor plan IMO for your weight and two people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8RFD8KJtJRg#t=1433
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Captain Obvious wrote:
The R-Vision WILL block your fridge when the slide is closed. This could be an important consideration if you pull over to have lunch, etc.

if true, that would be a deal breaker for me!
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Captain_Obvious
Explorer
Explorer
With only a cursory look at the floor plans, I'd go with the Keystone. Why? It looks like you can access all the important things (bathroom, fridge) with the slide closed. The R-Vision WILL block your fridge when the slide is closed. This could be an important consideration if you pull over to have lunch, etc.

As Dennis suggested, spend some time in each. Do try them with the slides IN as well.

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Spend 2 hours in each one. You will know after that which one you like the best. Only you can pick the one you like. And I promice you you will get 50 for and 50 aginest each one of these.