cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrysler UConnect

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just curious how many people are CURRENTLY having issues with their UConnect in their vehicles? I have been for some time now and It was replaced with a new one and it still does the problem I was having. The dealer states that there are thousands with similar issues and an Over the Air fix is coming. Been months on that one. Any news?
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie
21 REPLIES 21

packpe89
Explorer
Explorer
I had similar problems on my 2018 Ram. Would kick out of blue tooth, but still display the song on the screen and no longer connect to the phone. When I stopped, it would keep playing the radio for up to 30 minutes with out the key or anything. Finally got the head unit replaced and its better. Still kicks out of blue tooth occasionally, but none of the other issues and re-connects after re-starting the truck.

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
Update on my Uconnect. After the dealer replaced the whole unit in my truck for free I might add through Chrysler care, The new replaced unit started doing the same thing again. The fix was to be a software update that was not ready yet. It has taken 3 months but finally it was ready and updated with no fix. There happened to be a Corporate tech at the dealership who told them to replcae the amplifier, that it is cutting out. Now I get to pay $750 for replacement that we don't even know will fix this. Chrysler care may get invilved again.
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

rvshrinker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine is smooth like butter. I love it.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
The only issue mine ever has is it sometimes doesn't turn on when I start the truck. It's probably happened a half dozen times in 5 years, and there's no pattern to it I can discern. I can't remember what version I have but it's has the small grayscale touchscreen. I only ever use it for the radio and phone calls, and I use Siri to manage my calling so I can't speak to how uconnect handles those functions although I'd guess not as well.

It's Chrysler and electronics. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

LOL. The head unit in my Grand Cherokee is made by Harmon Kardon - one of the best in the business.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
The only issue mine ever has is it sometimes doesn't turn on when I start the truck. It's probably happened a half dozen times in 5 years, and there's no pattern to it I can discern. I can't remember what version I have but it's has the small grayscale touchscreen. I only ever use it for the radio and phone calls, and I use Siri to manage my calling so I can't speak to how uconnect handles those functions although I'd guess not as well.

It's Chrysler and electronics. Adjust your expectations accordingly.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

happy2rv
Explorer
Explorer
happy2rv wrote:
I have a 2017 RAM 1500 with the 8.4" UConnect. I haven't subscribed to the app since the trial ran out. From the time I bought it until the last update, about a month or so ago, I couldn't set favorite phone numbers. Kind of an annoyance, but not a huge issue. Before the update, it would shut down as soon as any door was opened. After the update, it stays on for up to around 35-40 seconds even if the door is opened. I've never had it fail to shut down though.

I'm not sure if they pushed another update or rolled back to an older version, but just after I posted this 2 days ago, mine went back to not saving telephone favorites and now powers down as soon as I turn the ignition off. I never got any message that there was an update.
2018 Forrest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK - 2017 RAM 1500 TV

Previous RVs and TOADS
2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W on WH W20
2000 Four Winds 5000 21RB
1986 27' Allegro
TOADS
2005 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
2004 Suzuki Aerio
1988 Chevrolet Sprint

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My 2014 Grand Cherokee works fine.

My 2012 won’t save satellite radio stations as favorites anymore. But I don’t think that is a Uconnect issue. Probably will just update the head unit to something with car play.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

happy2rv
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 RAM 1500 with the 8.4" UConnect. I haven't subscribed to the app since the trial ran out. From the time I bought it until the last update, about a month or so ago, I couldn't set favorite phone numbers. Kind of an annoyance, but not a huge issue. Before the update, it would shut down as soon as any door was opened. After the update, it stays on for up to around 35-40 seconds even if the door is opened. I've never had it fail to shut down though.
2018 Forrest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK - 2017 RAM 1500 TV

Previous RVs and TOADS
2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W on WH W20
2000 Four Winds 5000 21RB
1986 27' Allegro
TOADS
2005 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
2004 Suzuki Aerio
1988 Chevrolet Sprint

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
No issues with mine.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
$14.99 monthly or $149.99 yearly payment Seems like a lot of money to spend for something that doesn't work very well.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
2015 and just last week the embedded cell phone card in the radio started failing. Updated to the latest software version yesterday and it failed again today. Called the dealer, they were very familiar with the issue and ordered a replacement radio.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
SweetLou wrote:

I would hope that being to the dealer over this they might know these tricks.
One would hope...

IF that is indeed your issue, this info might prove useful. It gets kinda deep, but the fix is in there.

You might try going to the Uconnect site and entering your VIN just to see what they think.

On edit, I now see that you listed the problems. Doesn't sound like I was helpful. Good luck.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
SweetLou wrote:
My issues are volume goes away to radio or anything else you are listening to as well as some function. When you turn off the vehicle and open the door it wound't shut down like as it should. You have to reset it by putting in the key and going to accessory. It was replaced by chrysler care, but now new one is doing the samething. Dealer states that there over 300 units in th Phonix area alone with Uconnect issues. I just don't want to hear a story. I thought I would get some real time answers from some folks.

They can be buggy. But two units doing the same thing would have me searching for another input that is causing the errors.

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
I recently had an issue with GPS not working correctly. There was an update available to fix it, but it was failing to automatically download and install. I was able to go to the Uconnect website and download and install it myself. But some people have been unable to do that and had to manually jump through some hoops that eventually enabled them to download the correct file and fix the issue. If that's your problem, you could probably find the solution on ramforum.com.

I would hope that being to the dealer over this they might know these tricks.
We love our Westie