cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cleaning canvas over beds and awning

girlsma
Explorer
Explorer
What is the best product to get rid of the dark stains on the canvas above the expandable beds? What cleaner is best for the awning, both top and underside?
Marianne
7 REPLIES 7

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Anything mild. There are specific cnvas cleaners but try dish soap first and save the corrossive stuff as a last resort. Once clean I suggest tarping the bunk ends to keep clean. Pop up Gizmo's are great and mine are 12 years old and just now beginning to crack from not alternating the way we fold & rool them up.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Gruu
Explorer
Explorer
marcarolle wrote:
First, try warm water and soft bristle brush. It did miracles on my PUP a few years ago. If stains remain, I will let other members suggest the best product.

However, I would suggest you provide us with year/make of your hybrid. This helps in finding the product suitable for your canvas.

Happy camping
If yours are like mine, Jayco says to NOT use a brush at all. They recommend Meguiars 57 vinyl cleaner among other things. Also Oxy clean, etc. Be very careful using a bristle brush on a vinyl coated tent end. They recommend micro fiber cloths or sponges.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
also, you can contact the canvas manufacturer for suggestions.

since you don't have your make/model of hybid in your profile or sig line, it's hard to direct you to who to contact.

most canvas ends have a manufacturer's tag along one of the seams.

Roo/Shamrock hybrid canvas ends are made by T.J. Snuggles.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

marcarolle
Explorer
Explorer
First, try warm water and soft bristle brush. It did miracles on my PUP a few years ago. If stains remain, I will let other members suggest the best product.

However, I would suggest you provide us with year/make of your hybrid. This helps in finding the product suitable for your canvas.

Happy camping
Me
DW

Gouda - 11 months Golden Retriever
Eva Golden Retriever (we miss you!)

2019 F150 2.7l V6 Ecoboost
2008 Gulf Breeze 26RKS

2004 Antigua 215SS Hybrid - gone
2002 Jayco Eagle 12SD pop up - gone
1996 10 ft Clipper pop up - gone
1977 10 ft Lionel pop up - gone

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
girlsma wrote:
Outside canvas stains, we haven't used anything that's correct.

well, PUGs or the solar blankets will keep the outside canvas clean.

my 10 year old canvas looks real good, cause i've been using them and i usually camp in wooded campgrounds.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

girlsma
Explorer
Explorer
Outside canvas stains, we haven't used anything that's correct.
Marianne

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
inside or outside canvas?

also, sounds like you aren't using Popup Gizmos or the generic solar blankets.
these would help nearly eliminate outside canvas stains.