cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

clearance lights

mountaintime
Explorer
Explorer
tyring to figure out why they don't work. i am getting power to all of the clearance lights but the bulbs don't light up, all wiring seems to be correct as i am getting power. any help with why the lights don't shine? my brake lights work fine and all other power works.
thanks for any help
5 REPLIES 5

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I have Patterson DOT lights with the vibration proof sockets(not). The ground is a flimsy, plastic piece of junk and the ground separates frquently. I drilled out the plastic stud and put a #6 vy 1/2" sheet metal screw on the light. No more lost grounds.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure you are using the proper bulb?
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I agree with above. If you have power to the lights, and the bulbs are good, and they still do not light up, then it is a ground problem.
Do brake lights/turn signals/flashers work?
How are you determining that you have power to the bulbs?

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Weak ground or weak power connection?

With the bulbs in place, measure voltage again and see if you still have 12V with a load.
Use a piece of jumper wire to ground the light at an alternate location to prove a good/bad ground.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

Bob_Olallawa
Explorer
Explorer
If you have power to the bulb, then either the bulb or the ground is bad.
Welcome to my home, that door you just broke down was there for your protection not mine.