cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

RollingRockTX
Explorer
Explorer
Welfarewagon wrote:
For the 5er, I put some LED's in the reading lights over the master bed and a few in the overheads to save on power while dry camping (in the event we do that)

Where are you buying them at? I have seen some recommend Superbrightled.com.

I think you are thinking of this company.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/index.htm

And yes I have bought from them, however, I had to return all the LED's as I got the wrong ones, but I will say they do have good price the site is somewhat hard to navigate around on.

So I found this site http://www.autolumination.com/
Tracy and Chris are GREAT to work with. After looking at both vendors, I think they have more choices and better quality LED's.

Most RV's use a 921 bulb for inside but a 194 will also fit, they just won't be very bright. I put 194's over our bed.

My advice when thinking of going to LED's is to buy a few different ones and see how they work for you before buying a bunch.

I thought about swapping out all my marker lights but at 7 bucks each, it's not worth it to me. I have 7 amber lights and 7 red lights, that adds up quickly and those don't run off the batts so there is no real benifit to using them other than the "cool" factor.
2017 F150 Lariat 3.5EB
2016 Acura MDX SWD
2013 Yamaha Golf Cart
10 year old Quarter Horse, "Shadow"
2019 Jayco White Hawk 28BH

Welfarewagon
Explorer
Explorer
For the 5er, I put some LED's in the reading lights over the master bed and a few in the overheads to save on power while dry camping (in the event we do that)

Where are you buying them at? I have seen some recommend Superbrightled.com.
2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

RollingRockTX
Explorer
Explorer
Welfarewagon wrote:
My recent project. This is a great thread BTW.

LED lighting for the undercarriage.

Looks good RR, do you have the same under the KR?

See you on the F-150 site 🙂

Hey there, I do have the LED kits in the map and interior dome lights...as well as LED's in the KR running boards. Just ordered the LED lit for 3rd break light to finish it off. I will post those on the KR section.

Cheers

JP

2017 F150 Lariat 3.5EB
2016 Acura MDX SWD
2013 Yamaha Golf Cart

Welfarewagon
Explorer
Explorer

Looks good RR, do you have the same under the KR?

See you on the F-150 site 🙂
2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II

Bathroom is so small it's dificult to even change your mind in there. I added a privacy curtain outside the door to make a large changing area.

New bath faucet. The spout is a pullout sprayer.

Other Mods Kitchen faucet, step light, slinky storage, outdoor antenna hook up, Concertone fix (digital LCD HDTV), counter top extension, plexiglass panels on screen door, and storage lighting.

Working on solar panel and second battery set up.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

RollingRockTX
Explorer
Explorer

Our sat set up.

2017 F150 Lariat 3.5EB
2016 Acura MDX SWD
2013 Yamaha Golf Cart

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Jnbaun wrote:
I have another question about mounting a tv on the wall. What would you use to attach to aluminum studs to give everything enough support? We have a new KZ Spree on order and it has all aluminum framework. Thanks, John

John,

The aluminum studs within the outer TT wall structure will be stronger than those utilized within most inner room divider wall studs. Also, anything mounted to a TT wall will be subject to the bounce & vibrations transmitted through the TT while towing (rear of TT is the most susceptible).

For piece of mind, insure that the correct sheet metal screw is used. I'm also assuming that you are mounting one of those lite-weight flat screen tv's.

Turk2500 🙂

sMohrs
Explorer
Explorer
HERE is a link to my webshots page and all the mods I've done so far.
PVC spring bar storage
PVC clothes rack
electric jack cover/chain holder
Hat & key rack
plug holder
PVC bike rack
Pass through/under bed seperator wall
Homemade tire chocks
Under sofa storage drawer
Pete Mohr, Whitehall, PA
'97 Suburban 454
'06 Jayco Jay Flight 29FBS
Jayco 29FBS Mods

JeffBett
Explorer
Explorer
This last week I completed another mod. I wanted to add a small rack to my rear bumper to carry some lightweight items like some firewood or the kids RC cars/toys. I got some angle iron and the help of a friend with a welder and added this weekend.

My bumper is not the strongest in the world, but it is all steel. I can stand on the rear edge of the rack with my 200 lbs and I only get a slight flex in the bumper closer the the middle/spare tire side. The other side is attached right by where the bumper is attached to the frame and is very strong. I may have to get a piece of plywood to fill in the base if I decide to carry anything that will not be in the Rubbermaid tubs, but I'll worry about that when it comes up.
Jeff, Lori, Capri & Jacob
08 Aerolite 21QS
01 Ford F150 Supercrew

Loopy
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the wall mount, you should be able to just screw it directly to the wall. The plate that holds our TV has all the holes in a vertical line so it can be used on one stud alone.

Yes, those metal studs are just as supportive, if not more, than wood studs.
Bryan :B and my Parsons Russell Terrier, Melvin :E

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 4D 4WD 5.7L 3.73" Rear End
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Weight Distribution Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
2008 Jayco Jay Flight G2 20BH and Mods:C

Jnbaun
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Loopy. I wasn't quite sure how well the metal studs would hold a television. I already plan to put the wall mount onto a piece of plywood and then attach the plywood to 2 studs. It sounds like that should hold things well.
John :C
Wife - Renee:R and 2 young men: ages 24 and 19

Loopy
Explorer
Explorer
Jnbaun wrote:
I have another question about mounting a tv on the wall. What would you use to attach to aluminum studs to give everything enough support?
We have a new KZ Spree on order and it has all aluminum framework.

Thanks,
John

If it were me, I'd just drill a pilot hole in the metal stud and screw a sheet metal screw right in. That'll definitely hold it.
Bryan :B and my Parsons Russell Terrier, Melvin :E

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 4D 4WD 5.7L 3.73" Rear End
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Weight Distribution Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
2008 Jayco Jay Flight G2 20BH and Mods:C

MarionMedic
Explorer
Explorer
everymilesamemory wrote:

4 AMG 6-volt batteries mounted to the A-Frame of the TT

What's the chances we could get a couple more pics of this from different angles and without the ice???
1997 Chevy 3500 LWB Crew-Cab Dually 6.5 turbo-diesel
2005 Jayco JayFlight 29BHS

Visit FREEDOM OF THE ROAD.

Jnbaun
Explorer
Explorer
I have another question about mounting a tv on the wall. What would you use to attach to aluminum studs to give everything enough support?
We have a new KZ Spree on order and it has all aluminum framework.

Thanks,
John
John :C
Wife - Renee:R and 2 young men: ages 24 and 19

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed an electric fireplace in my TT... I did it on kind of a whim after i saw one in a Skyline Trailer at the RV show in January...

Forgive the less than ideal quality pics - it was cold and dark in the TT and I was trying to capture the "flaming logs" - pics are a little grainy...

Les

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS