cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

campguy3040
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks jyh818, I had fun putting together the album. I too used the drill before too, but these are really nice. Besides, they were another project for me (which I enjoy this time of year).
2012 Winnebago Vista, Triple Slide Ford F53.
Blue Ox Tiger Trak track bar, RoadMaster Reflex Steering,&
"Cheep Handling Fix"
Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar w/Patriot Brake System
Chevy HHR toad.

jyh818
Explorer
Explorer
campguy3040 wrote:
I thought maybe some would find these of interest. For me, a link to photobucket album was easier to setup.

Edit: Click Here

Hey campguy. I like your power scissor jacks (plus other mods). I have been using a 19 mm socket and a drill to lower/retract my scissor jacks. Manually crank when more torque is needed.
2002 Ford Excursion XLT 6.8L V-10 2WD, 4.30 Limited Slip
Rear Hellwig Sway Bar
2009 Skyline Nomad 260
Prodigy Brake Controller
EAZ-Lift WD Hitch

campguy3040
Explorer
Explorer
I thought maybe some would find these of interest. For me, a link to photobucket album was easier to setup.

Edit: Click Here
2012 Winnebago Vista, Triple Slide Ford F53.
Blue Ox Tiger Trak track bar, RoadMaster Reflex Steering,&
"Cheep Handling Fix"
Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar w/Patriot Brake System
Chevy HHR toad.

T_S_L
Explorer
Explorer
How about a mod for the dinette table with the round (3" diameter approx.) metal legs that go into the metal inserts in the floor? The table is real wobbly im assuming from taking out and putting in constantly. I have heard using duct tape on the legs, but will this be a temporary fix or is there a better solution?

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
~DJ~ wrote:
sonicsix wrote:
Here's a link to all of my mod pictures. Might give you some ideas...

Mod Photos

Holy Smokes!!!! Do you ever have time to take that trailer camping??? :B:C

Plenty of time! The only "big" project was the solar setup.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
sonicsix wrote:
Here's a link to all of my mod pictures. Might give you some ideas...

Mod Photos

Holy Smokes!!!! Do you ever have time to take that trailer camping??? :B:C
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

UF_GATOR_1
Explorer
Explorer
What gave it away? Yes, we are "GATOR FANS" and we're still working on the inside. 🙂 LOL
Bill & Millie
Iniki - The Cocker Spanial
"GO GATORS"
2011 Thor Windsport 30Q
2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Let me guess you are a gator fan??? Is everything inside gator orange and blue also??

UF_GATOR_1
Explorer
Explorer
Hope this counts as "Mods"

Just trying to keep this thread going.
Happy New Year!
Bill & Millie
Iniki - The Cocker Spanial
"GO GATORS"
2011 Thor Windsport 30Q
2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Wgeorge11
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect most of us folks up in Yankee country are waiting for warmer weather to start/finish the next RV project, or have headed south to find some - heat, not work. Ya'll good old boys gotta carry the load til it thaws out or we get back home whichever comes first. Then when ya'll sweat in the heat of summer, we'll be back to work. It's only fair to share the work.
Traveling companion

MissouriCouple
Explorer
Explorer
I agree Bob.....I keep coming back looking for something new....and BAM! my bubble's burst...LOL

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Holly Smokes.....It has been almost 2 months since some one posted here.......Wake up America I need MODS......

Saz
Explorer
Explorer
I just finished reading all 86 pages of this post. Took a few weeks but I have about 20 mods I want to do to my trailer now. I think my DW has about 10 more. Keep up the good mods!

Moderators, thanks for keeping this thread open! It is a great help to beginners like me!
New Rig- 2011 Ram 3500 DRW CC 4X4, 6.7L Cummins, auto, 3.73's, Mini Maxx tuned by Draconian Diesel.... RaceME for sale....
NEW TRAILER 2013 36' Forest River XLR Hyperlite toy hauler
TRADED 07 Timberlodge 30 SKY- too many mods to list....

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
mee too, this is great.

Patrick45
Explorer
Explorer
this is a great site-I have just gone through all 86 pages..