cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
Is what you are going to keep in that safe worth more than the amount of damage somoneone could cause to the camper trying to remove the safe from the floor? I feel like once someone is in the camper they are not leaving without making every effort possible to get that safe. Probably cheaper and easier to replace the items they steal then to repair the damage they cause getting the safe out.

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone mounted a small floor safe inthere RV. We are going to be fulltiming, and I would like a way of keeping some stuff in a safe way. Whats the best way to fasten it to the trailer where no one can pick it and and carry it off?

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
With my old trailer I just drilled a hole in the top of the bumper and put a zap strap through that and the hole in the rubber, made it loose enough you could still open it to grab the hose but no way to lose the plug.
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

Bit_Bucket
Explorer
Explorer
cyberiankhatru wrote:
Not sure how cool this is but I like it.

They say necesity is the mother of invention, I like it! :C

cyberiankhatru
Explorer
Explorer
I was worried about losing my bumper end caps so I bought some 1" EMT 2 hole clamps. Using some survivor cord, I tied them off to the bumper. May not keep the stinky slinky in place but I'm more concerned about the caps.

Not sure how cool this is but I like it.

Stephensx04
Explorer
Explorer
My Tv swivel mount in my Keystone 2670bh

Full build here
Swivel TV mount

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Brilliant!

I have three sample pieces of flooring at home and I'm sure one will pretty closely match the cabinet color so I'm stealing this idea. Been looking for a solution and knew the roll on the counter was going to waste more TP than we used with the water splashing on it.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

DX
Explorer
Explorer
So I didn't want to screw in the toilet paper holder into the wall. Having the roll just sitting on the bathroom counter didn't work plus the kids would get it wet from the sink. There wasn't deep enough wood on the door to fasten it so I put the holder on 3/8 in section of Bamboo flooring I had the used liquid nails to hold it.

Out of sight and cant get wet or ripped off the wall by crazy kids.

Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2011 Suburban w/ HD Tow Package
Equilizer Hitch
Prodigy brake controller

Meash20
Explorer
Explorer
cyberiankhatru wrote:
I changed out the original Audiovox am/fm cassette for a Pioneer am/fm CD. There was a considerable size difference in the hole so I decided to use a Lexan panel to mount the new DIN unit. I painted the back of it with some Krylon Hammered effect paint that I already had. I also wanted to use the Aux input on this Pioneer unit for TV sound as well as for my iPod so I used a brush-type cable plate.
You have to be very careful cutting the lexan out. I butchered the first piece so I had to go back to Home Depot and shell out a whole 'nother $3.99 for another 8x10 piece.
Cheap mod and it sounds REALLY nice. Next mod, change out speakers!

Seriously, why do they put those crappy systems in... they're terrible!
~~ Team-Eash Camping ~~
Matt and Rachelle Eash
Nolan, Jillian, Sullivan, Brendan and Adrian
2003 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer
2005 Cougar 301BHS

cyberiankhatru
Explorer
Explorer
I changed out the original Audiovox am/fm cassette for a Pioneer am/fm CD. There was a considerable size difference in the hole so I decided to use a Lexan panel to mount the new DIN unit. I painted the back of it with some Krylon Hammered effect paint that I already had. I also wanted to use the Aux input on this Pioneer unit for TV sound as well as for my iPod so I used a brush-type cable plate.

You have to be very careful cutting the lexan out. I butchered the first piece so I had to go back to Home Depot and shell out a whole 'nother $3.99 for another 8x10 piece.
Cheap mod and it sounds REALLY nice. Next mod, change out speakers!

wbrown62
Explorer
Explorer
SabreCanuck wrote:
I finally got around to finishing off adding some drawers to the Bullet... Just waiting for some trim to come in from Keystone to finish things off..

New pot drawer under the bench.

New drawers for DW's drawers :):)

Nice work. Love the drawers under the bed. That is awesome.
2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Stephensx04
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Its brand new 2012 so shouldn't be any cracks yet. But I will defiantly keep an eye on it. Thanks

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
lol

I wouldn't call that Lipper thing an "I Beam", I'd call it 1/8" sheet metal bent to the shape of and I beam.
They crack, especially over the spring hangers, mine is cracking over the middle hanger.

Do some more searches, have a look:

I-BEAM?
Check out the A-frame just falling off on page 3
Lippert 2

Mine's like this one:
cracks at hangers

another one

more

Get your welding bud to check the frame above the hangers and pretty much the whole thing while you're working on it.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

Stephensx04
Explorer
Explorer
OK cool thanks. Looking at those pics in your link, looks like all those are box style frame rails. Mine uses I Beam style frame front to back.

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
Do a Google image search on Lippert frames, they tend to be pretty lightly built, falling apart, cracking, broken welds etc.
Lippert frame failures

I'd be very leery hanging any additional weight of the back of a Lippert frame.