cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Added a Micro Air Easy Start: Here's a video of the project
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Lots of great mods in this thread.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

jpmyers
Explorer
Explorer
LAdams wrote:
Here's a few of mine...

Les

Where did you find the hardware for the flip-up shelf? I need to put in two of those.
Jerry & Pamela
2020 Highland Ridge Silverstar ST324RLS-38' TT
2020 Silverado 1500 w/Max Haul package & Airlift bags.

Miss_Sunshine
Explorer
Explorer
??. Good to know. That explains why Furion makes one with an integrated clearance light

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
I did not realize that yours has an integrated clearance light. I'm glad it is that way. I previously had an illegal wireless setup but when I changed to a wired camera I changed back to a center light.

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

Miss_Sunshine
Explorer
Explorer
??. Good to know. That explains why Furion makes one with integrated clearance lights.

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Good looking camera installation but illegal. You will probably never be stopped. Look at this.

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

Miss_Sunshine
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up this recently.

Keeps the chains and the plug off the ground and neatly organized.

Miss_Sunshine
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a back up camera. I know its been done and discussed here before. I first bought an inexpensive license plate camera and wired it to the running lights. I then plugged in a 2.4G wireless transmitter. I put the receiver in the TV and connected it to a rear view mirror monitor that clips to the factory mirror. But the reception was horrible. I got a 5.8G transmitter and receiver instead—same result. So I went the expensive route.
Furrion

The picture is a amazing. No static, delays or interference. I mounted the camera to the top rear of the TT.

I replaced the center light with the camera. Wired it to the marker lights. The monitor is in the truck mounted to the windshield. It synched up right away. I use it while we’re traveling to keep an eye on traffic behind me. It’s great for backing up. I didn’t even need a spotter.

GravelRider
Explorer II
Explorer II
ksignorini wrote:
GravelRider wrote:
Over the last few days I did a few things on my 2021 Grey Wolf 22 MKSE

1. I fixed my overflow siphon issue (when my freshwater tank was full, it would end up at about 1/3 full by the time I got to my campsite)

Mine looks to have the same pipe (and I have the same problem.)

What size valve is that? Where did you pick it up?

I'm sorry, I can't remember the size of the valve. What I did was cut off about an inch off the bottom of the tube and bring it into Lowes and find the correct size.

ksignorini
Explorer
Explorer
GravelRider wrote:
Over the last few days I did a few things on my 2021 Grey Wolf 22 MKSE

1. I fixed my overflow siphon issue (when my freshwater tank was full, it would end up at about 1/3 full by the time I got to my campsite)

Mine looks to have the same pipe (and I have the same problem.)

What size valve is that? Where did you pick it up?

Miss_Sunshine
Explorer
Explorer
I have to raise my tongue jack all the way up to install my distribution bars. If I go all the way, the gears grind. So I marked the shaft with spray paint to warn me when I’m at the top.

Also spray painted to front of the hitch coupler silver for better resolution on back up camera.

More mods to come

GravelRider
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed another 12 volt plug by our sink where we usually set our TV at night to watch in bed. No more long 12 V extension cord.

GravelRider
Explorer II
Explorer II
opnspaces wrote:
Cool mods GravelRider. did you have to install the counter extension low to clear the window shade?

Yes, if it were flush, I would have to open the shade to use it. Also it tucks under the counter for stability.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Glamping wrote:
I added my own personal touch to the spare tire cover. (Sorry it's sideways.)

That is great! My wife asked if she should make one for our camper...