cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

passportman
Explorer
Explorer
Here are my newest Mods thanks to this tread! Front cover and chain hooks.

Here is a look from down under

Had a piece of corian from a counter install...Made a cardboard templet and cut this out to fit in the sink! Also used a hole saw for easy removal..

Here is another look installed perfectly and supported by the sink lip.

Bought a stove cover for the stove....helps keep the area clean and provided additional counter space....Got it from AdverturerRV...Fits great...

Here is another view:

Thanks to all of you for your great ideas and projects....lets keep them comming!

Note: Moderator edit to make links viewable.
2011 Passport 2910bh
so far so good.....
DW and Two Boys!
2003 Tahoe Z71 V8 3.73

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks god Pit, a friend of mine had the same idea. I might make it so some of the weight is supported on the side opposite the hinges too, we travel a lotta dirt and/or gravel roads.
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2002 Ti fiver had an open cabinet where our old TV lived. When we got rid of that, I got a piece of wood cut to size (a bit taller and wider than the opening), rounded the corners,, stained and varnished and installed with 3 brass hinges. I was going to use piano hinge but couldn't find any that would put the screw holes further than 1/4" from the edge. Because the hinges had to mount on the slide framework, there was a gap of about 1 1/2" between the cabinet face and the door so I put 1 x 2 trim on edge around the cabinet. Drilled holes in the door for the cable and electric cord and put TV mount on by using nuts and bolts instead of the long screws that came with it. The door is held in place with 2 brass hook-and-eyes.

With this project, I gained another cabinet so install a wire shelf and moved lightweight games into the upper cabinet which left room for our files in the bottom cabinet.

This was an open space where old TV lived. Added shelf and got more storage space

Twice as much storage now

Finished door

TV all mounted

Next project - louvered doors here

* This post was edited 06/02/10 09:24pm by Pitapony *
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

lzasitko
Explorer
Explorer
Passportman
You can't post pictures that reside on your computer to this forum....
Posting pictures on RV Net.

1. Your pictures have to be on a public site, like Photobucket. Some online sites do not work as they are not open to the public at all times. Photobucket do not charge for an account and it is easy to upload your pictures. Note: Picasa used to work but now it does not work for getting pictures to show but you can still link to a Picasa Album

2. Open the picture or select the picture and photobucket has links on one side. I generally find it is as easy to open the picture and select the address as shown in the browser and copy it (crtl c)

3. Once the pictures are on the web you can reply or create a new topic, Use the Advanced post option. Along the top are a series of icons. For pictures you use the icon that looks like a postcard. It will open a box and and ask you to insert the address, if you copied the address you simply paste it into the box (ctrl v). Make sure your pictures are either resized to 640 wide or check the setting for 640 wide. The Faq on this site says that pictures are to be 640 width maximum (although a lot forget this).

That is about all there is to know.

Posting a link to another site is done in a similar manner but you have to supply the address as well as what the text that will become clickable will be. The icon for links looks like links of a chain.

This is also covered in the faq on the RVNet site

Marlynmik
Explorer
Explorer
For the past 3 days I was supposed to be actually working at work, but I've been reading this thread instead. So many ideas! We are very limited by weight, so we'll have to tread lightly, but I look forward to doing my own mods! So far I have:

- a TP holder stuck to the bathroom wall ๐Ÿ™‚

My plans:
- sewer hose holder
- shelves in the closet
- flexible pump silencing hose
- plexiglass screen door cover
- curved shower curtain rod
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L V8
2009 Keystone Hideout 27SLE

passportman
Explorer
Explorer
Here are my newest Mods thanks to this tread! Front cover and chain hooks.

Another look from the inside

Stove Cover bought from AdventureRV web site..

Another look at it

Here is a cutting board I made out of some scrap Corian countertop.

Another Look

Thanks to all of you and your great Ideas!
2011 Passport 2910bh
so far so good.....
DW and Two Boys!
2003 Tahoe Z71 V8 3.73

partman
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry no picture of this mod but it made my weekend much more enjoyable, and I'm sure future trips as well. This was only the second weekend in a brand new camper, and I held out as long as I could, but Saturday afternoon I rammed my knee into the dinette post for the last time! Twenty minutes later and I had relocated the support posts for the U-shaped dinette to allow easier entry and exit and the table doesn't wobble any more than it did before. The best part of the whole deal...absolutley FREE!!

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
We did a mod to our awning this weekend - we broke it in the middle in order to dump about 80 gallons of water right on top of me!!!

Funny how that works. I didnt brake mine but did get soaking wet. Then I discovered I could lower one end and the water wouldnt collect. But then now I have a electric one and pulled down one cornor to drain it, well you know the rest of the story.

hpk
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
LOL:B

sorry
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,
DS 22, DD 19, DD 17, DD 15

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We did a mod to our awning this weekend - we broke it in the middle in order to dump about 80 gallons of water right on top of me!!!
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Patrick45
Explorer
Explorer
This is a great string!

everymilesamemo
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about the cracked axles - wow, that must have been a real pain to full timers like you guys. As the DW and I move closer to being full timers, stories like that cause us to really wonder if its the right move.

I don't know if we will ever become compleatly full time but we have been on the road for 7 weeks on this run and will be heading home in the morning. 4000 miles so far and 2000 more to home. Plan to be home on the 20th or so. Got to go back and work a little while.

All the best my friend!
Larry

Hey Larry, it wasnt nearly as bad as we thought it was going to be, especially when we found out Insurance wouldnt cover it.

We had them beefed up and repaired and were back on the road within a week. Luckily when we found it, we were home in Michigan and had sent the camper in to have new brakes put on, which is why they found the cracks because the drums were removed.

This meant we had a place to stay while they kept the camper for the week to do the repairs.

Dont let something like that scare you, most dealerships will let you stay in your camper if something like this would come up while you're on the road
Every Miles A Memory

Photo's of our Travels
When we realize our insignificance in this world,
it some how relieves the pressures from society to succeed
- Cindy Bonish

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it would be better and easier if people just posted mods and pertinent comments.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

revrnd
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
To all members who post on this thread. I have just spent 45 minutes of my valuable time deleting off topic comments and "bump" posts. Each individual post has to be deleted one at a time and that really does take a long time - especially if the forum is busy and slow.

Barney (moderator)

If the board software only allows deleting 1 post @ a time, maybe the forum should be changed to different software.

The reason I say this, I'm a moderator on a non-RV forum & the board software allows for the deleting of multiple posts.
1986 Monte Carlo SS
2011 Chevrolet K2500HD (P3 controller, Husky WD hitch)
2009 Rockwood 2106 Mini Lite

Retired GM of Canada Oshawa Truck Assembly Plant
Opened 1965 Closed 2009

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a double liquid style soap dispencer for our last camper. It must not have been very good quality because it fell down twice. I ended up throwing it away.
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,
DS 22, DD 19, DD 17, DD 15