cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
My bumper is 1/16" thick steel, fully welded to the end of the frame rails and the rear scissor stab jacks are welded to the frame and the bumper. Got lucky I guess, I suspect that all bumpers aren't created equal
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

PhotoMasterGreg
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
bbaley wrote:
chr$ wrote:
I was thinking of putting some sort of receiver on the REAR bumper of the TT to store the thing...

I have one of these (similar anyway) which is inexpensive and easy to mount. we use ours for a bike rack.

http://www.adventurerv.net/ultrafab-bumper-receiver-adapter-p-27575.html?gclid=CKu1hJPFy80CFceCfgodQ...

It won't hold a huge amount of weight but it works for what it's designed for and only about $20+

That will work right up until the time it rips the bumper off. An RV bumper is not intended to carry any additional weight.

We ripped the bumper right off our TT by putting a bicycle carrier on our bumper! We got lucky that it didn't come off on the highway! It actually ripped the aluminum at the welds!

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
mrgreetis wrote:
Can you show an 'after' photo?
I'll try to get one next time I'm out there... I took a couple but they didn't come out very good.
2013 Econ 16RB TT

mrgreetis
Explorer
Explorer
Can you show an 'after' photo?

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT has awning style doors on the upper cabinets, which is kinda bad:

I tried changing the spring hold open/close mounting location however that put more stress on the hinges and I didn't feel like sourcing new spring 'do hickeys' and messing around with it.

My fix was to remove the spring devices, add roller latches and a baggage door latch in the ceiling. Worked perfect, now the doors are out of the way with plenty of room.

Here's the after, I considered two latches on either side so they were out of the way if you wanted to 'slide' things out of the shelf.. however I decided to try a single latch in the middle:
2013 Econ 16RB TT

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
I know what you mean Joe. I didn't show all the stuff that goes in when we are loaded for a trip.

Ken
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

JoeAngelicchio
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah mine (32 gallon) goes in the pickup bed also, along with 4 bikes, bbq, wood, beach stuff, cargo basket(for transporting full tote to dump), etc. Wanted to make a bit of room in the back.
Joe

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
JoeAngelicchio wrote:
Anyone store their sewage tote on the back bumper?

Joe, there is too much junk hanging around my trailer already. Here is where I store the 25 gallon Tote-N-Stor empty.

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

pchartrand
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the BAL Hide a Spare to tuck my Blue Boy up under the RV. Works great so far!
2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Duramax)

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
I was just gonna, say, you mean an empty tank, like a blue buddy right? I wouldn't store a full one...

...Anywhere!!!

You could make a unistrut bracket to store that tank under if you have enough ground clearance.
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
JoeAngelicchio wrote:
Oh that's a good idea too.
But I was wondering about the tank itself. Think I've seen them vertical on top of the bumper but it must be held by something.

I have not done this yet but plan to. I have seen others that use a cheap hand truck (like delivery people use for several boxes) with the wheels removed and then mounted to the bumper. The empty tank can then be secured to the hand truck with straps or even bungee cords.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

JoeAngelicchio
Explorer
Explorer
Oh that's a good idea too.
But I was wondering about the tank itself. Think I've seen them vertical on top of the bumper but it must be held by something.
Joe

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
JoeAngelicchio wrote:

I store a plastic ammo box from Wally Wold behind the spare. Only has room for the clear 45* elbow and the part that screws into the ground. It has air holes drilled into it and is strapped with hose clamps.
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

CarterKraft
Explorer
Explorer
There is a solution possibly for the wimpy bumpers.
4Square safet struts
2014 Heartland Torque TQ 290
2018 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Hensley Arrow modified adjustable 2.5" stinger

JoeAngelicchio
Explorer
Explorer
Joe