cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple slider hitch questions

rgbutten
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Pullrite Superglide and am told it weighs 200 pounds, so I leave it in the truck.
Has anyone come up with a way to lock it so it doesn't get stolen?
What do you do to keep it from sliding around when you're not towing? I've been strapping it to the tie downs but don't really like the look. 🙂
Thank you! Rich
5th Wheel: 2014 Prime Time Crusader 335BHS by Forest River
Tow Vehicle: 2005 Ford F250 6.8L V10 4x2 4.10 open diff
4 REPLIES 4

rgbutten
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn wrote:
On mine, I have a "lock" on the rails to the base and rails to pins, but not on the head to the body.

Thank you!

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
On mine, I have a "lock" on the rails to the base and rails to pins, but not on the head to the body.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

rgbutten
Explorer
Explorer
Great info! Thank you.

talonhead
Explorer
Explorer
rgbutten wrote:
I have a Pullrite Superglide and am told it weighs 200 pounds, so I leave it in the truck.
Has anyone come up with a way to lock it so it doesn't get stolen?
What do you do to keep it from sliding around when you're not towing? I've been strapping it to the tie downs but don't really like the look. 🙂
Thank you! Rich

You could replace some of the pins with bolts and nuts. But it would take a hoist or a couple of big guys to take it out quickly. Most would try to steal your tailgate.

As for the sliding, adjust the "Threaded stop and jam nut" on the front end. This supposed to be 'snug'. Also helps with chucking. Had the same issue on my old 16k SG.
2014 Ram 3500 Limited Mega Dually 4WD (True Blue Pearl) w/Alcoa's & paint match bumpers.