cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cracked Bathroom Mirror

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
The bathroom vanity mirror cracked when someone tried closing it with too much force.

How can I replace the mirror? It looks like a white plastic section is stapled to the wooden frame that sandwiches the mirror in place. I'm afraid that I will break the replacement mirror attempting to reinstall the staples.
5 REPLIES 5

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would use screws instead of staples.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Community Alumni
Not applicable
When I swapped mine out, I caulked the mirror into place with some crystal clear bathroom caulk that I had. If you use the crystal clear stuff then you don't have to worry about making it look neat lol. The old mirror was originally caulked into place.

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
Carefully disassemble it. Clean it. Then install the new mirror with caulk (perhaps sillicone). Use Gorrila wood glue to hold it back together.

Good idea. Thanks

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Use an electric stapler, they don't transmit force in the same manner as a hammer would. An electric or air stapler is likely how they built it to begin with.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Carefully disassemble it. Clean it. Then install the new mirror with caulk (perhaps sillicone). Use Gorrila wood glue to hold it back together.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad