cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cracked shower

janechucknicode
Explorer
Explorer
OK here it is, during a trip we stopped at a rest area and we both showered. Then on walk around I spotted water running out of the under neath.. AH CRA??///098yy120y3/ any way I thought the worst and was thinking the pipes. BUT was happy to find the shower pan cracked arund the drain ??? Happy heck now I cannot find one
It is a tri angluar unit and even my dealer is having a problem.

QUESTION ? any one know if you can ?weld this plastic? Oh boy.

Thanks
Chuck
7 REPLIES 7

janechucknicode
Explorer
Explorer
Valkyriebush wrote:
JB water weld putty.

I have ordered a new one from Keaystone..
Rather than take many chances as we live 6-7 months in this old house.
Thanks to all that responded , and Merry Christamas :B
And a HAPPY NEW YEAR

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
JB water weld putty.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's fiberglass I've used the stranded (cat hair) fiberglass resin for small repairs. I've just never gel coated spots and don't know how easy/difficult that is.

If it's plastic it can likely be welded, but you'll need to know the plastic type. If you have a scrap piece you can use the same plastic as the filler material so you know it's a match.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
While repairing the shower drain I would also check to see if there are enough supports holding the shower floor up. I had to add extra supports to our shower. Before adding the supports under the shower the floor felt like it was made of a hard foam. Just turn out there was only one block supporting the whole shower floor. We were lucky one of us didn't break through the shower floor.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Is it triangular or is it hexagonal? Dyers online has the hex shape.
Good luck.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

path1
Explorer
Explorer
After a Lippert 5th wheel frame that failed, I hate lippert!!! But still hard to get away from those guys. My replacement RV still has lippert, windows, doors, shower surround and pan even though I made it a point to get a OEM frame.

(Unfortunately)..check out

http://store.lci1.com/products/kitchen-bath-products/shower-pans-and-surrounds
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
If it's traditional fiberglass it can be rebuilt/repaired. I'm not sure though if these pans are traditional fiberglass. It probably cracked due to an inadequate base. I fixed one at my house once by using spray foam underneath it around the drain. So, fixing the crack is needed but if you don't fix what caused it, it will likely happen again.