cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy cheap Eaz-Lift Trekker WD hitch (feed back wanted)

jstar
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone using this WD hitch? I just purchased one on Amazon for under $200 complete and brand new, free 2 day shipping at 75% off. Seems really cheap but looks great. I got the 600 lb one as my TT is small. here is a link.

Amazon hitch

The heavier ones are not as cheap for some reason. I would like some feedback to anyone using one of these type hitches. Thanks, jstar
jstar
10 REPLIES 10

jstar
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought this thing it was $191.00 it went down for two or three days to $181 but now its up to $276 so its going back up it seems. I towed with it yesterday and got it all set up it works perfect and is quite as a mouse. Really awesome hitch in my opinion and way under priced.
jstar

jstar
Explorer
Explorer
Here are more photos

Trekker 600
jstar

jstar
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some photos of the unit. I'll post more once it dry's out a bit and I can actually hook it up.

Trekker 600
jstar

jstar
Explorer
Explorer
seaeagle2 wrote:
I bet that there's not much demand for 600 lb bars and built in anti sway, I know then I got my trailer the dealer said to try it without a wd hitch and antiway bar then decide if I needed them. I got them anyways.

Well I got the hitch yesterday, it is one sweet unit. It says right on it that its rated for 800 lbs tongue weight and 8000 lb towing this thing is really nice and a much better and improved design then the equalizer hitch. Its basically the same but with nice improvements like plastic or nylon slider pads for the bars to quite them down and bolts you can turn to take the anti sway off in certain situations. I think I'm going to love this thing.
jstar

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
seaeagle2 wrote:
I bet that there's not much demand for 600 lb bars and built in anti sway, I know then I got my trailer the dealer said to try it without a wd hitch and antiway bar then decide if I needed them. I got them anyways.

I disagree. Lots of people tow small trailers with small tow vehicles. I have the Hensley Cub which I've heard is now their best-selling product, which is rated for 600 lbs TW.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

jstar
Explorer
Explorer
Steamguy wrote:
I have a 1000# Trekker and am really pleased with it. There's no place I go where the wind isn't blowing at some point along the journey (see where I live), and this hitch has performed beyond my expectations. I've been through thunderstorms with high gusting side winds, and even though I slowed down with the rest of the traffic, there was no problem.

I came from a Reese Dual-Cam (the older style) so I have a pretty good basis for comparison. One thing I like about this hitch is if you're going into slippery conditions, you can back off the amount of sway control and help keep things better under your control.

My trailer is 30' long, weighs about 7000# ready to go, so it's a pretty good test.

Hope that helps you...

Nice, that's what I was looking for. I also had a 9000 lb 35 foot trailer before with the Reese dual cam set up which was pretty good but kind of a pain to deal with and expensive to purchase, I think I will like this set up better. I live in north Texas where the wind is always blowing either straight out of the south or straight out of the north but almost always 30 mph or more a good 50% of the time and 20 mph the rest. October is probably are only month we don't have high winds so I'm enjoying it, spring and good camping weather the wind constantly blows.

the other poster stated that the 600/6000 lb probably doesn't have a lot of use but I disagree, I see more smaller and lighter TT then ever before i would think it would be the most popular. My brother has a 29 ft trailer that maxes out at around 6k. Almost any ultra light less then 30 ft is under 6k so that is a good part of the TT market I would think I think most people are over sold on the larger units when they really don't need them.
jstar

Steamguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1000# Trekker and am really pleased with it. There's no place I go where the wind isn't blowing at some point along the journey (see where I live), and this hitch has performed beyond my expectations. I've been through thunderstorms with high gusting side winds, and even though I slowed down with the rest of the traffic, there was no problem.

I came from a Reese Dual-Cam (the older style) so I have a pretty good basis for comparison. One thing I like about this hitch is if you're going into slippery conditions, you can back off the amount of sway control and help keep things better under your control.

My trailer is 30' long, weighs about 7000# ready to go, so it's a pretty good test.

Hope that helps you...

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

jstar
Explorer
Explorer
Golfcart wrote:
Eaz-lift is good for the price.

I bought the 1000lbs w/d with sway bar for 212$ from amazon without issues. does exactly what i need it to do 🙂

I don't think yours is the same as mine, I bought the Trekker with built in anti sway which is a much more expensive unit I'm pretty sure, especially the 1000 lb unit. Yours probably has the round bars that slide up into the holes right? This ones bars are like the equalizer hitch.
jstar

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer
Eaz-lift is good for the price.

I bought the 1000lbs w/d with sway bar for 212$ from amazon without issues. does exactly what i need it to do 🙂
2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500