cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cybertruck: Musk "better than what we showed."

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
That's why I love Tesla. It's in constant improvement and innovation -- and they install it on their units even if already sold.

Updated Cybetruck by Q2
45 REPLIES 45

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
I got to see the final Apollo launch from the Vehicle Assembly Building parking lot (my friend's dad was worked for NASA PR). About 5 miles from the pad. Lit the night sky like sunrise; you could see the shock wave rolling across the swamp. Most awesome thing I've ever seen.

Maybe we'll time our Florida trips for this launch and pre-book for their launch tickets.

I guess it's too dangerous to have the ringside seats.:B:W

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
I got to see the final Apollo launch from the Vehicle Assembly Building parking lot (my friend's dad was worked for NASA PR). About 5 miles from the pad. Lit the night sky like sunrise; you could see the shock wave rolling across the swamp. Most awesome thing I've ever seen.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
I had the pleasure of watching the 2nd last Shuttle launch. It was amazing, and I realized anyone who would take such a ride must be just a little bit nuts!

Go for a night launch if you can--I was able to see the 2nd stage ignite.

Do they sell tickets for good viewing?

In a way they do.

I was 7 miles away it it still shook the ground.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
I had the pleasure of watching the 2nd last Shuttle launch. It was amazing, and I realized anyone who would take such a ride must be just a little bit nuts!

Do they sell tickets for good viewing?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
thomasmnile wrote:
I watched the last Starship flight from start to finish. On landing I noticed it seemed like it had a bit of a lean to it. There was also fire coming out the bottom and a remotely operated deluge nozzle was lobbing water at the base trying to extinguish it. Maybe that was why SpaceX ended the webcast before the big bang? The explosion video that made the rounds of the Internet was not from SpaceX.

Anyway, seems like the concepts they're testing had some measure of success. Space is hard. My wife was born and raised in Brevard County, FL and had a front row seat to many of NASA's FUD'S or whatever Elon calls his failures.

That said, I'm still fascinated with the cartoonish appearance of Starship. I'm waiting for Marvin the Martian & Bugs Bunny to step out of it.

Elon calls them RUDs or Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
I watched the last Starship flight from start to finish. On landing I noticed it seemed like it had a bit of a lean to it. There was also fire coming out the bottom and a remotely operated deluge nozzle was lobbing water at the base trying to extinguish it. Maybe that was why SpaceX ended the webcast before the big bang? The explosion video that made the rounds of the Internet was not from SpaceX.

Anyway, seems like the concepts they're testing had some measure of success. Space is hard. My wife was born and raised in Brevard County, FL and had a front row seat to many of NASA's FUD'S or whatever Elon calls his failures.

That said, I'm still fascinated with the cartoonish appearance of Starship. I'm waiting for Marvin the Martian & Bugs Bunny to step out of it.

I'm envious. I have not seen one and that's on my bucket list.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
Its great they are already updating and changing. Maybe one day it will go into production.

Yah that Elon. What a guy. The same idiot who said theyโ€™ll be able to land and reuse rockets some day.

Wait.....,
Waiting. They have all blown up so far so whats your point?

You mean they have all blown up except the 76 successful missions that have been reused in the last two years. :). Lol.

I think you might be referring to the test SN series โ€œStarshipโ€ rockets that they have been testing lately.

And Teal launched rockets meant to blow up for an actual failure tests.

Same tests they regular do in collision safety tests for cars..

But whatever, let's just hate and heckle.:p

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I heard that tesla redesigned the windows, they dont break now.

Sorry couldn't help myself.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Bird Freak wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
Its great they are already updating and changing. Maybe one day it will go into production.

Yah that Elon. What a guy. The same idiot who said theyโ€™ll be able to land and reuse rockets some day.

Wait.....,

You mean they have all blown up except the 76 successful missions that have been reused in the last two years. :). Lol.

I think you might be referring to the test SN series โ€œStarshipโ€ rockets that they have been testing lately.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reisender wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:

Wait.....,
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
To further appreciate what Elon has done, consider this:

The NASA rocket surgeons are saying that landing the Space Shuttle is like threading the needle from 10 floors up a skyscraper with winds blowing at 50 miles an hour.

For my Cybertruck, just doing the 120 from Merced through Tiioga Pass to Lee Vininng on full FSD mode pulling my trailer will be good enough for me.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
rjstractor wrote:
Reisender wrote:
rjstractor wrote:
^^^ All they have to do is get one to do that without exploding shortly after.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lol. I think you may be a bit out of touch. Falcon has been successfully landed and refused 76 times. Hereโ€™s the first one a couple years back.

https://youtu.be/sX1Y2JMK6g8

Are you possibly referring to the starship prototype tests?

Donโ€™t worry. You are not the only doubter. Boeing is full of old engineers who told Elon that it couldnโ€™t be gone. Lol.

Here is the last one...yesterday. Itโ€™s pretty much a biweekly event.

Course they must have been on crack to think they could land a rocket on a barge.

Wait,,,

https://youtu.be/5jNE58xBr9g

Yes, I was referring to yesterday's explosion, somewhat satirically. Historically, rocket launches have a hideously high catastrophic failure rate, and it will likely be SpaceX that will make that failure rate drop to a reasonable level. I know that SpaceX is almost literally light years ahead of other companies in making space travel a commercially viable idea. I personally don't think space travel is really a practical thing, but the incredible technologies that are developed in the process of exploring space make our own world better.

I agree that space travel is not practical but crossing the Atlantic wasn't practical either in 1620. Less than half of the Pilgrims survived the first year. I hope that nobody expects to conquer space without a few casualties.