cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delamination ??northwood arctic fox 25s

Judy_D
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 2007 25s Northwood arctic fox . It has the smooth sided fiberglass exterior. Has any one had any problems with delamination or am I just being too causious. Any one own this model ? would love to hear any thing before I jump in and make the purchase.
thanks Judy
7 REPLIES 7

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 04 31W and the finish is perfect except where a tire caused some damage. Towed it 13K mi last year. Camped Jan 3 in Branson and temp was 7, warm as a bug, windows had extreme frost. No freezing issues as all plumbing is inside. They are very heavy so be ready with a 3//4 ton. We put a Reese Dual Cam and Airlift airbags on back of our Duramax. Took the shocks off the trailer and bought 285/75R16LT tires and rims and get a smooth ride, less road walk and better ride. don't worry about blowouts either. The only problem we have had is slider out in heavy snow and it melted and got on the floor-carpet (3 in wide)and the electric water heater element. Mirrors give it an added space loook and woodwork is fine Oak.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
Northwood builds framed walls, not laminated walls. Skin is fastened to framing only, not a foam core. There would be nothing to delaminate. Detach from framing maybe (almost unheard of for this construction method) but no delamination.

Actually it depends on the model year
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Northwood builds framed walls, not laminated walls. Skin is fastened to framing only, not a foam core. There would be nothing to delaminate. Detach from framing maybe (almost unheard of for this construction method) but no delamination.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

rgolding
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2005 AF 30U and have not seen or heard of any problems with any of the brand. Of course, delamination is from water penetration and an un-cared for roof could cause that, but I think it would be rare to the unit. I also hang out on the Arctic Fox / Nash forum and its not talked about.

A trailer that has been in sub-freezing weather will bulge, if there is water in the skin. Put your face along the front, back and sides, look at the surface as if you were sighting a rifle. If there is delamination, you will see it. However, any I have seen is a lot more evident and hard to miss. sides
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan
Southern Illinois

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS "Low Key"

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Try here http://www.afnash.com/forum.php I've been reading on there for 8 mths and haven't read about delam yet.

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
Northwood is a quality manufacturer. While it could be subject to delamination, it is more unlikely in the Artic Fox than other brands. Delamination is easy to see, just look very closely in the daylight for any loose bubbles in the sidewalls.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
There was some issues in the early years, but Northwood mostly fixed those when they modified the manufacturing process

If it's been well maintained, I would think this should be a good choice
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.