cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Delays in TR Sticky Update

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry for the delays folks, but I'm having issues with the robot security feature. When it gets resolved, I'll update the sticky.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)
6 REPLIES 6

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
whazoo wrote:
... so many posts that are "my way or you're ignorant" replies. Trip report replies were always the best of the best...
Unfortunately, we still have "my way or you're ignorant" members. Typically they think the have to post on every Thread, and always must have the last word. We only have about three now, but it has been worse.

The Photobucket thing has been devastating to many sites. I really choked up at how much they want per year to host Photos. I will continue to use
Easy Photo Upload & Posting Web App! (1492) until it no longer works.

I write what I want to post, copy it then post. If I run into the Captcha, I click a few times, reopen and it eventually goes away. Because I have my post in my clipboard, I can just paste it and post. I am of the belief that the Captcha problem is unique to the the software used by RV.NET. This is the only site that gives me problems with it.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks to AnEv942 whom provided the correct portal to go through, the trip report sticky has been update.

As long as I can get in and do the updates, I will continue to do it as I think it is worth it.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Try, if you haven't, logging in thru other portals for editing longer threads.
For any long posts or edits Ive been unable to get thru the captcha on RV net. Endless loop
Seems some aspect of the forum features are broke thru the different portals, its logging in thru portal to access the feature you want.

I would disagree about it being worth the effort
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
whazoo wrote:
I sure appreciated your efforts but I d have to say it's not worth your time and frustrations.....

I suspect you're right Dave. Trying to restore a topic that could have dozens, or hundreds of pictures would be a huge undertaking. I had already reached the same conclusion a few weeks ago; that I just don't have the wherewithal to do it.

But, about a week ago a guy joined the forum just to PM about a specific TR of mine that he had linked to on his web site. I think I can manage restoring that one TR, and that will probably be it.

I appreciate your replies on this subject.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
I sure appreciated your efforts but I d have to say it's not worth your time and frustrations. It seems to me that rvnet users have moved on from trip reports for the most part. Which is a shame, I think for a while it made rvnet more connected as friends sharing a trip. Instead of so so many posts that are "my way or you're ignorant" replies. Trip report replies were always the best of the best...from the best. Not to mention the loss of pics at some point from Photobucket. I don't know if any TR's have been affected, I haven't looked in a while.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with that. Thatโ€™s essentially that same problem I just ran into when I tried to fix all the broken Photobucket image links in a two-year old trip report of mine. Went to all the trouble of uploading the pictures to a new image host, edited my post with all the new links, and then couldnโ€™t get past the captcha screens when I tried to save it.

Know how Iโ€™m going to fix it? Iโ€™m going to copy the whole trip report into a new topic and edit the image links so they point to the new host. There, fixed it.

Not sure what I despise more, Photobucket or Captcha.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!