cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinette and sofa pulled....keep them?

kimsfa
Explorer
Explorer
DH has already pulled out the dinette, bench seating and sofa from the TT we just purchased. Sofa was pretty worn and bench seating was in good shape but very uncomfortable. We don't need the extra sleeping. Question is - should we keep the original for any possible reason? Will next buyer care and want original even in questionable shape?
2008 Jayco Jay Feather LGT 25'
12 REPLIES 12

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:
One option would be to have the jack-knife reupholstered - including foam.

I wouldn't waste the money on a jack knife sofa
bumpy

Sounds like you agree with my opinion of jackknife sofas. ๐Ÿ™‚
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:

I wouldn't waste the money on a jack knife sofa
bumpy

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
The furniture itself probably has very little value on the resale market. However, when it comes time to trade or sell the TT it might help if you could return the TT to it's original configuration. If you aren't worried about trade value of the TT down the road I'd toss it unless you just have gobs and gobs of storage room.

I once took a leather jackknife sofa out of a class A DP we had because it was just plain old uncomfortable. I think it retailed for like $1500 and was about 6 months old. I put it on Craigslist for $100 and got no calls. Finally gave it to a guy down the street to use in his garage.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I removed mine out of a 10 year old MH. At trade time they wanted them back in. I gave away the recliners that I had put in to a single mom living in low rent housing. She was grateful.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on how long you plan on keeping the trailer. If for 5 years or more, definitely toss em!
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would keep the sofa even if it is uncomfortable. It's easier to make/replace the dinette than a sofa. Although there are RV junkyards that have tons of them around.

So I guess, If you have the room keep it, if not toss it.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I think I would keep one of the alternate sleeping locations for future sale.
bumpy

kimsfa
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
Are you replacing the dinette with table and chairs? what about the sofa - replacing it with something else? If so, it the replacement furniture is most likely more comfortable, and if you are not planning on keeping it for your next TT, I'm not sure why you would keep the old stuff.

Yes, replacing the dinette with chairs and table and the sofa for either two comfy chairs or loveseat. Our only concern is we are removing possible sleep options for the next purchaser. It is only 2 of us and we don't need the extra sleeping options. My logical brain tells me the right buyer will also appreciate these upgrades so throw out the old stuff! ๐Ÿ™‚
Thank you for confirming!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Are you replacing the dinette with table and chairs? what about the sofa - replacing it with something else? If so, it the replacement furniture is most likely more comfortable, and if you are not planning on keeping it for your next TT, I'm not sure why you would keep the old stuff.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

kimsfa
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Keep it. Every journey begins with a single step. You will never make it to a starring role in one of those hoarding shows if you don't start accumulating junk.
This obsession with keeping things with negligible value came from the ancient Greeks, eloquently expressed in this timeless phrase: "one man's junk is most likely junk"-Aristotle

OK.... so you say keep it but the rest of the post indicates it truly is junk - I would rather toss it. Never having owned a TT before, have no idea about what has value in a potential resale. If it is negligible, would rather not. Have no desire to become a hoarder. Just trying to discern the sarcasm ๐Ÿ™‚

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Keep it. Every journey begins with a single step. You will never make it to a starring role in one of those hoarding shows if you don't start accumulating junk.
This obsession with keeping things with negligible value came from the ancient Greeks, eloquently expressed in this timeless phrase: "one man's junk is most likely junk"-Aristotle